Fireline Crystal

addy79

Lookin to switch lines this year and move from spiderwire braids to Fireline Crystal.

Cronzy says its the best, anyone use it before?

had bad experiences with knots etc. on the old fireline

Have it on a small spinning reel and like it except for the fraying. I just cut off a few yards yesterday to clean it up for this year. I have other reels with Stren braid with no fraying at all.

JF

I'm sticking with Spider Wire after trying the Fireline Crystal. It casts like dentalfloss. I had half a spool left of it I used it for backing on one of my baitcasters and Spider Wire as my main line. If you are going to try a new braided line try powerpro and a few others but to my the Fireline Crystal is not wort the money. Maybe if it was less then 1/2 of it's current price I would use it to make due but I'm done with it.

If you are going to try a new braided line try powerpro and a few others but to my the Fireline Crystal is not wort the money.

I've been using power pro in a variety of pound test for a while now but am starting to think its time for a change...i've used the red and the green varieties and they seem waaay to visible underwater.

I used Fireline all last year (with 3 or 4 feet of Flouro as a rule). I liked it fine. Yes it sort of frays a bit, and it takes a bit to get over the dental floss look, but it is stronger than your Uncle Fred's aftershave.

I have bought some more for this year, in 6lb test for my walleye set up.

Jim

Used 10 and 20lb.

Didn't like it. Stiff. Strong. Frays. Use it for ice fishing though, deadsticking big pike. It serves me well for just that.

PowerPro's good. Stren not bad (little noisy). Trying the P-Line braid this year as my experimental line. Suggest you move onto something that get's a better than average rating by your peers.

And of course Chronz says it's the best. He's paid to say that. Careful taking the word from guys who are paid to promote or work for the companies of their said products.

I thought of trying it but if Cronzy sais its good I am now thinking of trying something else.

He meant it tasted good. Boil up a mess of it in fresh lake water and top with wild garlic and panfish in a concentrated milk white sauce.

JF

Cronzy says its the best, anyone use it before?

I agree that if Cronzy likes it then he's in some way cooked it and eaten it.

I use crystal and regular fireline on my spinning outfits. Have heard...because of it's shape/qualities that it's not the greatest on baitcasting equipment. the round braids work better for them.

The crystal is supposed to be translucent and let some light through but it looks white to me. :)

I like it and haven't had an issue with it or the regular fireline

I have it in 20lbs and after a season of using it I'm not happy with it. I have a shimano chronarch and find that while using fire line crystal my casting distance has been reduced. I use it for pitching and found it did not perform well with this application. I've switched to power pro and will see how it works this season. Final vote x'na on the fire crystal eh!

Now on the flip side I use fire line crystal ice for ice fishing 4lbs test and love the stuff. Go figure?

I bought some spiderwick (green) excellent line never birdsnest or anything and casts beautifully...I haven't landed a fish with it yet but soon VERY soon or go to the fish market and take some pics with the hook stuck inside hehe .....some help with fishing 101 also would be nice I'm doomed!

I used it last year and caught a few chain pickeral on it with no leader and didn't cut my line but that just might be luck. I had 10 lb test too. Now I didn't use it that much but I found it does seem to fray alot. I just trimmed off the frays for this year. I don't think I'd buy it again. I'd probably go to powerpro again.

I've been using it on my spinning gear for 3 years now with 0 complaints. Using it for jigging here in the GTA and up in Thunder Bay and also for smallie hunting with tubes. Yep it frays but never to a point that I've felt like it was falling apart and I've never had a break off. I'm using light stuff though - 6-8lb on a medium or medium light rod so I can't speak for other applications but I'll keep using it this year.

Wow!

sounds like the masses arent impressed by this stuff...

why the heck is it so expensive?? im thinking of just sticking to good old power pro then, sounds like im not the only one thats been using it consistently.

Do these reviews also apply to the Fireline Crystal "Round" i assume its just for casting reels.

So i am back at square one!

what line should i buy this year??

I want to get a little more finess in my approach, been using power pro to avoid losing lures, and possibly sacrificing lower visibility lines for tubes, texas rigging, lindy rigging for bass and walleye

appreciate teh suggestions

Wow!

sounds like the masses arent impressed by this stuff...

what line should i buy this year??

Had a friend put 8lb Fireline crystal on a spinning reel, the stuff became twisty and knotted to easy.

The red PowerPro is excellent on spinning and baitcasting reels. I've noticed it 'disappears' under low light conditions

when i had to tie a knot near dark. Probably less visible the deeper you fish.

Good luck!

I've used it quite a bit over the last couple seasons on some spinning reels. Mostly 14lb. I'm a big fan. It may fray a bit, but it is STRONG. It's sensitive, has no memory, doesn't twist and will NOT break. Last summer I accidentally casted a spinner into a tree(it was windy...honest :blink: ) and even with the rod tip pointed at the lure, the drag cranked down all the way, and my hand stopping the spool from turning, it straightened the hook on the lure. Use a palomar knot and it absolutely will not break. It's great line imo.