family emergency

grt1

I have to get from the sault to toronto on wednesday, I looked at flights they are really expensive, thought of renting a car for a week or 2 and driving down but if I could catch a ride to toronto it would save a bundle .

is anyone on this board travelling to toronto on wednesday the 29th from the sault. i will be at the watertower inn from monday night

any help would be appreciated

being from red lake, we don't have trains so that idea never entered my mind. As to a bus that is another option but I don't know how long that would take, I guess i'll have to play it by ear when i get there on monday and check out those schedules.

thanks for the help

AS weird it sounds, perhaps a posting on Kijiji or craigslist. Just keep your favorite filleting knife with you. I just typed need a ride into yahoo.ca and came up with some student sites that may be of help.

Via-rail doesnt go through the Soo. Best bet is the greyhound and its usually around 10h and would be $130 bucks or so. If you do take the greyhound, theres pretty much always a 1h layover in Sudbury, but if you walk down the street theres a mcdonalds right there so you can grab something to eat. When your in the Soo theres pretty much a mcdonalds/kfc/taco bell/wendys/tim hortons/bostin pizza a 5minute walk away from the watertower Inn. Or if your not in the mood for that, theres a resturaunt called fratelis just up the street, they do delievery, pizzas pretty expensive but its good. All the other resturaunts in town are Italian and run by the mob.

Also grab your fishing pole and head down to the canal. You can usually rig a 3way with a 2-4oz weight and spawn bag and cast in. Right by the power genorating plant the outflow water is probably packed with steelhead this time of year. Dont eat them though unless you want to become a human thermometer (stupid amounts of mercury in St.Marys fish).

Anyways good luck with the search, I just got back home down south today from the soo. Ill miss that special dirty paper/crap smell that lingers in the air on a calm morning.

Edited by xeon

I assume since you're on your way from Red Lake, you'll be passing through Thunder Bay? At the risk of steering you toward the competition, I looked on the Westjet website and you can get a fare from Thunder Bay to Toronto for $165.00 + $32.05 tax = $197.05:

Thunder Bay, ON (YQT) to Toronto, ON (YYZ)

Price Depart Arrive Flight # Duration

$165.00 CAD

Seat Sale Fare 06:30(YQT) 08:05(YYZ) WS 234 1hr 35min 1 seats remaining

at this price

Westjet

Only Air Canada Jazz flies from the Soo. I could pick you up from the airport here in Toronto and drive you where you need to go.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Edited by perodimi

thanks for the offfer, but I have to be in the soo for monday and tuesday, i plan on leaving wednesday am and the way it looks i'll rent a car for a week or 2 since i don't know when i have to return (or be able to return home).

I don't know how long my aunt will be in the hospital and how long it will take to get her some homecare.

thanks for the offfer, but I have to be in the soo for monday and tuesday, i plan on leaving wednesday am and the way it looks i'll rent a car for a week or 2 since i don't know when i have to return (or be able to return home).

I don't know how long my aunt will be in the hospital and how long it will take to get her some homecare.

The car rental place is about a 5 minute walk from the watertower too.