Trout Opener - Finally Softwater Report :-)

Leecher

Hi guys and gals,

been a while since I last posted a report and I'm real happy to finally be able to post again :D Man that was a long haul :blink: LOL

I took the day off since it was trout opener, could not resist. The plan was for my daughter and I to go try for some specks.

She decided differently :glare: and that's OK.... went by myself to a lake that QMNR stocks specks and was I ever glad I did :Gonefishing:

Left home at around 10:30am after repeatedly asking my daughter to join me and got there at 12:30pm. There was already a few local guys that were fishing from shore and finally found a spot that was a respectable distance away from them. Got setup, tied on a swivel to the main line, a bell sinker and one of those walleye rigs that has a slip bobber, micro hook and a worm. I spoke to the elderly fellow beside me and ask if it was biting..... He said that he got there at 7:30am and not a single bite :w00t:

I ask him if the lake had been stocked this year and he replied yes and that there was plenty of trout :D That somehow got the blood flowing and totally forgot that I had a nice subway sandwich in the cooler LOL. This is when I noticed the other guy beside him pull out a speck. Not two minutes goes by and pulls another :w00t:

He had found a honey hole and was having a blast.... Then all of sudden I get a nibble, set the hook and land my very first speck of the year B) a small one but a keeper. No pictures of it because.... well keep reading and you'll understand why.... The trout had swallowed the hook and when I used the pliers to remove the hook, I snap the line :wallbash:

Had to setup another rig and put on another worm before I could continue fishing.... I also got into a frenzy and was able to catch another 6, which made my total to 7 and decide to call it a day. At 2:00pm left and got home around 4:00pm.

On my way home, on the dirk road I noticed something on the road.... when I got closer, this is what I saw

IMGP1796.jpg

A nice partridge that wasn't afraid of the car..... was able to snap a pic.

and my guest for supper tonight

IMGP1799.jpg

All in all drove 4 hours, fished an hour and a half and got 7 specks..... lost half a nickel on shore :angry:

Had a fun time and now got to go prep those specks for the pan

Hope you enjoy

Jacques

Wow, great catch there. Looks tasty.

Thanks Beats!!!

They're all cleaned and ready for the pan!!!

Awesome, can't wait to get a few myself!

When was ice out where you were fishing?

Thanks Mike!!! Ice out was most likely this past week. On the south side shore their was a good 10 feet of ice floating. On the north side where I was.... open water :D

Nice job, some tasty eats there for sure!

But to be honest...I can't see the Partridge?

Am I blind? :D

Thanks Cookslav!!! Click on the header of the pic to enlarge it and you will see in the middle just a bit to the right, the head and tail

click on the picture and zoom in pretty much center

Beauty fish sounds like a great trip

Congrats

Thanks Wiser!!!

Looks great---nothing like a feed of specks--it's what makes us Canadian.

Bushart

Thanks bushart!!! :canadian:

WoW .....

Lucky Guy to be off work on a Beautiful day like today, and a plate of speck's to boot :worthy: :worthy:

Nice outing Jacques....

Thanks Paul!!! Are we hitting the other lake tomorrow??

Some great supper there.. exactly what I'm eatin from the freezer tonight !!

Now about that 1/2 nickel bag... they sell those anymore.. lol

Thanks Wayne!!! not sure what you mean about that 1/2 nickel bag :dunno:

All I can see is a rabbit.

Great catch there Jacques. Well done.

Click on the pic to enlarge and you will see feathers LOL

Thanks Brian!!!

Good fishing there Jacques.

Thanks Dan!!! The specks were on fire, nothing big but good for the pan. Last time I fished that lake, my girl friend back then, now my wife, didn't even get a single bite.... what a reward it was to land those beauties B)

great stuff man!

Love that you got those on slipbobber...one of my favourite fishing methods.

keep 'em comin Jacques

Thanks Simon!!!! Yeah those little rigs works wonders.... going to another lake tomorrow, will post another one of our results hopefully... thanks again!!

Great report and top fish, they sure look tasty. Well done mate.

Thanks fudd!!! the pan is being heated as I speak B)