Job Opprtunities In Lindsay

MCTFisher9120

As some of you know i'll be going to Fleming college in the fall and well I only been to the town once and didn't look around to much to see whats there. Some of you may live close or in Lindsay and I'm asking what stores are there in Lindsay, any grocery stores/dept. stores? I'll be looking for a part time job to work at during the school year while I'm up there as long as it doesn't interfere with my fishing time lol.

Thanks,

Mike

No Costco or Wal-Mart...(yet) but lots of Tim Horton's...Zellers, CTC, Loblaws, Food Basic, Giant Tiger, 2 bait and tackle stores, Marks Work Warehouse etc.

Lots of fast food outlets and restaurants...

Pickerel and carp fishing down by the locks...

Go up this summer and start dropping off resumes , get a jump on those students who can't get there.

Good luck.

TB

yeah man - you won't be the only student looking for work. Go early if you can. It won't only help you get a jump on other people, but it'll show that you know your priorities, and that you're on top of things, not waiting t'il the last minute.

you're a little younger than I was when I went to school, but all I can say is don't get a job at a bar! It doesn't take from your fishing time, but it sure does make it hard to wake up for those inevitable morning classes.

Good luck - wish I could help.

cheers,

UF

Talk to your Profs. Ask them if they have any connections with local conservation area's, hatcheries or wildlife programs. You may be able to get your foot in the door in your field early. When job hunting be proactive, try to open doors, get out there and spread your name, companies like to see ambitious individuals.

Also look into working at the college, like the library or something. Most school are pretty flexible with the schedules in order to accommodate classes.

The instructor's can't get you in at the local Conservation Authorities. That's government and you can't get a government job that way. The Tilapia hatchery on campus is often hiring fulltime, part time and casual. If you give your resume to the farm manager personally (ask for Mike) and he doesn't think you are a shiftless loser he may find something for you.

I took some pay from the grocery stores in Peterborough about 35 years ago. It was good pay then, and I bet it is still good pay now. Trimming lettuce, celery, cabbage, bagging oranges, unloading freight, culling displays. I even remember a 5 c / lb loss leader on bananas, and catching a semi trailer worth of watermelons, piece by piece. That's why my arms are so long.

I got that job by asking for the manager every Thursday for a month, with resume in hand. For jobs like that, that technique works.

Good Luck.