Fishin' Antiques

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Mike the Bass Fishers thread got me thinking....

Do you have any old fishin' gear laying around?

Much to the chagrin of my fiancee i have some real neat old stuff I keep on display.

I have my great uncles creel basket, a 1960s reel, and an original mitchell 300.

Here's my ol' shakespeare!

Share some pics folks!

post-4477-1240161748_thumb.jpg

Yep. I have lots of tackle from the early 1900s onward, including two old steel rods with wooden handles and two old johnson? reels that I found in my great grandmother's basement when she passed. She was 93, and the gear was her fathers, so needless to say its old stuff.

Wow, old reel indeed. I also picked up some older rods by a name that i dont even know. (on the sticker it says the following: Compac-C.G.Emery International Limited. Markham Ont. L3H 1A9) these 2 red rods have old steel or aluminum guides, those red rods are 2 piece and look to be 5' 10" in lenghy + i found two South Bend Icefishing rods...probably not going to use the rods or that lure i found but it's neat to own some older tackle. Great reel again tho, hopefully we can see some other old items in this thread.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I've got a dozen or so old rods and reels that I've picked up over the years.

3188647528_2023c4fe11.jpg

This is the only one that has a box.

3187794733_1e1b6c0000.jpg

One of my favorites. The only ID is on the bottom. Just says LAWRENCE and Made in USA.

I guess I took care of some of my stuff better than i thought, or, they were built a lot better then. I still have my very first glass rod and it is still in use.

DSCN2247.jpg

In the display box I have my first reel, a 300A, a heddon spincast, and an old level wind

DSCN2422.jpg

DSCN2423.jpg

DSCN2424.jpg

Behind the level wind is an old "Red Eye" (they still make em). There is also an old wooden plug or 2

DSCN2425.jpg

My grandfather and uncle had matching Luxor reels from the 50's. My son now has one of them and both are still working

I know nothing about antiques... but father in law picked up this at a yard sale and now it's in my garage (Sorry for crappy quality, used phone).

I couldn't tell ya anything about it, you guys would probably know more.

reel2.jpg

reel1.jpg

Edited by Governator