More Cats on the Grand

trapshooter

With all the cat reports coming in from the Grand River lately, I knew I had to give it a shot. Perfect timing with a trip home to S. Ontario this week.

I arranged a guided day on the Grand River with Steve Piggott (smithville-fisher) who runs Angler's Way Guide Service. Steve is a great guy to fish with... very knowledgeable and friendly. He walked me through all things Cat fishing related.

We had a great day out there, landing double digit cats with most being in the 8-12lb range.

Within 5 mins of setting up I hear Steve yell... "There's a cat" and I stepped into my first Channel Catfish ever.

DSC_5734.JPG

DSC_5739.JPG

Steve tying into one.

DSC_5741.JPG

Double. About 20 mins into the day. :clapping:

DSC_5748.JPG

More cats.

DSC_5756.JPG

DSC_5760.JPG

DSC_5784.JPG

DSC_5837.JPG

DSC_5855.JPG

Steve's rig. Pretty much my dream boat. 20' Lund Alaskan Tiler, 90HP. :worthy:

DSC_5791.JPG

The last fish of the day turned out to be the kicker! 17.3lbs on the digital scale :thumbsup_anim:

DSC_5880.JPG

DSC_5884.JPG

Thanks, Steve, for an amazing day out there.

Roight noice fesh eh!!!

Those big'uns would be much harder to catch if y'all would eat them as quick as you catch them... doncha yanno!!!

Do I need to post a tutorial on how to clean and skin them???

ANything over 7 pounds out of that water it is not a good idea to eat. However a cleaning tutorial would be welcome.

Nice meeting you on the water Ben. Steve Piggot sure knows his way with the cats. With the strong east winds the fishing was a little slow but still some nice cats. Our biggest of the day were two 19 lbers not caught by me LOL!!!

Edited by T.Barry