first steel of the season

so i finally quit shed hunting long enough to go float my local river, and after all the city folk stopped crowding up the bank, i finally was able to land a few nice chromers fresh from the bay. The water just started to clear up, and i was able to get 4 nice fish on the bank in less than an hour.

the first of the evening

034.jpg

036.jpg

few drifts later this nice hen hit

040.jpg

this little guy was the hardest fighter of them all

043.jpg

a few drifts later

044-1.jpg

046.jpg

and its only the start.

keep your tip up.

cheers

mike

I really gotta get up there and learn. I would be completely clueless as to where to stick my float on water that size.

sweet fish!

Not on that river...

There is maybe a 200ft section down to the mouth that you are allowed to fish.. Now picking the right side is a different matter, lol

Geogian bay/huron tribs hold some of the best steelhead fishing in ontario, and the are edible, thats more than you can say about lake o fish. The run up this way hasnt really started yet, although lots of nice fish are getting caught, should be picking up after a bit more rain. Its defintally a cold one fishing that mouth..

The reason city folk crowd the bank is because of posts like this!

There are always crowds here, you think one post is somehow going to make it any worse?

OMG SOME SHAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS PACK THE KIDS UP AND GO!!!!!!

:shakes head:

There are always crowds here, you think one post is somehow going to make it any worse?

OMG SOME SHAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS PACK THE KIDS UP AND GO!!!!!!

:shakes head:

Yup seen it with my own eyes! WoW u know what shakers are.... u got the lingo down! Not bad for someone that has been steelheading for 4 days :P

whats wrong with city folk fishing the northern rivers? do the local northern boys have the deeds to the rivers up there or something. some of the best fishermen i know of that seem to always out fish the local "critters" live in the city. i myself would rather catch 3 fish from a g.bay/lake h. trib. than 10 fish from an eastern river anyday.