catfish cut bait

purekgw

I use just sucker meat and works well.

If you google catfish bait you`ll come up with lots of disgusting smells and flavors that these fish like.

My advice is to stick to sucker chunks lol, if you want to be adventurous, catch them day or two before you head out and leave them out.

They`ll be nice and juicy

Actually for the Grand River the fresher the bait the better it works. Just go to some creek and get some big suckers, keep them alive until right before you use them then just cut them into chunks. There is no secret recipe, that is the best bait that we have found that works.

Actually for the Grand River the fresher the bait the better it works. Just go to some creek and get some big suckers, keep them alive until right before you use them then just cut them into chunks. There is no secret recipe, that is the best bait that we have found that works.

Better yet fish the Caledonia dam with worms and float for Gold Eye or Moon Eye.

They make great bait.

I fished red river for those big cats right bellow the dam. I used big chunks of liver and a really heavy sinker. I was fishing from shore of the wall and had some success.

Little bullheads just would not leave my bait.

There was a guy fishing with us last year down at fishmasters and he swore by smelly sucker bait, he even had one that he let rot a little bit and was catching fish lol.

Nasty sight for sure.

Fresh bait works as well, worked for us anyways.

Suckers mouths are on the bottom of their face, bottom feeders for the most part, right were the catfish spend most of their time, a natural food for the cats, nothing should be needed to add, if they are too big just cut them up.

Shad, an oily fish and their die offs put them on the bottom were catfish can feast on them, big ones are good cut up.

Up on the Shawanaga river any big minnow worked chub or shiner. Pretty easy to catch your own bait(chubs and shiners) fishing for them with a size 12-16 hook with the barb flattened down with needle nosed pliers, a bobber and maggot of tiny piece of worm.

Thought I saw in the regs rambleon? posted mooneye weren`t legal as bait?

Guys fishing off my Rocks the other night useing fresh sucker no bites guys beside him useing my Texas brine Suckers well can you say Fish On ..the Cats Are On Now ...

Edited by Fishmaster