Lure Help

ketchenany

I need some quick help. I'm doing a magazine and for tourism (Ontario) I have a small write up on a new lodge in Temagami region.

I want to buy some lures to shoot, I'm going to BPS later. Never fished the region and was wondering commom lures that would be used when targetting bass laker etc. It's a siummer thing so no ice stuff. Nothing too big in the 3 to 5 inch range.

I'll be here until 4 pm.

Thanks

If its lake temagami and surrounding back lake araes, I don't mind sharing what has worked well for me the last 20 years.

Bass

1/4 willow leaf spinnerbaits

Any 3" topwater plugs

Smaller Xraps

Jig and Gulp minnow has been a killer

#3 and 4 Mepps no special colors

4" senkos mostly white and lighter colors

Trout

Hot bait is big Storm Thin Fin

Ripplin Redfins

Sutton 44 spoons

Williams 3-4"

Gang trolls of all sizes

and last year we started playing with the little anchovie heads and Gulp minnows.

and last but not least don't forget jiggin spoons like champs, swedich pimples, bad boys

Although spoon fishing is something of a lost art in many places, Len Thompson's Five of Diamonds - The Lure of the North - is every bit as effective today as it ever was. Trolled, cast, even vertically jigged - no matter the species - this classic lure has earned a place in every angler's tackle box.

"Anyone fishing without a Five of Diamonds isn't playing with a full deck !" - Ken Schultz, Field & Stream

A Canadian fishing tradition since 1929, the Len Thompson spoon - and in particular the Five of Diamonds - has probably caught as many fish as any lure ever designed. First fashioned from car springs and sold on consignment, Len Thompson spoons have, over the years, legitimately earned the title "The Lure of the North". - so much so, that this entire series based on classic Canadian fishing lures was inspired by the Len Thompson spoon and the Thompson-Pallister Bait Co. slogan.

Rivaling Eppinger's classic red and white Dardevle as the most productive fishing spoon of all time, the Len Thompson Five of Diamonds is a fixture in every serious angler's tackle box. Actually, the Five of Diamonds is a colour pattern (YR model - yellow & red), rather than a lure design and is believed to have been inspired in the late '40's by the playing card pattern. First offered for sale in 1950, the Five of Diamonds only recently became the company's best seller. Now available in a variety of sizes and shapes, this fishing lure icon has proven itself worldwide for dozens of species of sportfish.

Out of Lacombe, Alberta, the family-run Thompson-Pallister Bait Company is now managed by Len Thompson's grandson (3rd generation), Rick Pallister. Approximately 2/3 of a million lures are produced annually - punched, polished, deburred, and hand painted. Until his death in 1979, Len Thompson himself actually attached the split rings and treble hooks to the Five of Diamonds.

Edited by misfish