Home Made Culling System

ohhenrygsr

Well i was bored today and decided to make a culling system for this year. It was really cheap and easy to make plus it's light weight. i know there are activist out there that condone culling so you all can post at this link http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...&hl=culling All i need now is the Cork for the floats witch i guess i will have to start drinking the case of wine i bought. LOL i thought this project was suppose to be cheap lol. I'll be going to the make your own wine shops around town for the cork oh and the white board and erasable markers.

dsc3280b.jpg

Check out the culling tools from Ardent Outdoors.

I was in their manufacturing facility a few months ago, neat place. They are a 100% manufactured in the USA company.

We are in development with them on a new product that will be a great addition to the fishing industry.

Edited by Pigeonfisher

Check out the culling tools from Ardent Outdoors.

I was in their manufacturing facility a few months ago, neat place. They are a 100% manufactured in the USA company.

We are in development with them on a new product that will be a great addition to the fishing industry.

I've seen the Ardent culling system and I must say it's pretty nice. I'm looking into one of their flipping reels, they look sweet also.

I think the Ardent balls with the weight on them is a really great idea. But I prefer the clip on style tags, to the stringer style. Easier to put on and off. The clip on ones I use come with coloured floating polypropylene rope and do not fall off if put on correctly. I wish I could remember the name brand, but it is really the best kind for the fish and super easy to use. I just wish I had that problem of needing to cull more often. haha

By the time i made it to the wine store they where closed, man that was a lot of wine to drink to get them cork. here is the finished product

dsc3282.jpg

dsc3283.jpg

I'll be numbering the corks and most likely be spending the money to get this awesome unit

accu-cull.jpg

Edited by Henry Nguyen

Total Cost of this project for 12 culling tags 1-5 plus 2 extra tags as spares is

Chrimps.........................3x$1.99

18 Guage Speaker Wire...1x$1.00

Dozen Corks...................1X$1.00

Stringer..........................2x$1.99

Total..............................$13.50 taxes Included

That's $1.13 a tag not bad

I'm not an activist -- in fact, know very little about this stuff....so just a layperson's question -- do the fish freak out with those things on? Do they work themselves against the bottom or whatever to try to get htem off?

Sorry if an ignorant question -- just genuinely had not seen/heard of it before.

They really don't seem to notice cram. Never seen one actively try to remove it. It actually helps in that they are handled far less and kept out of the water a lot less too. 99.9% of the time, you open the livewell and the fish are fine, but try to grab one and then they go nuts, with a culling tag, you simply grab the tag and the fish is subdued before it can hurt itself.