47 sheds on the season

well folks, its that time of year again, the snow is melting making it possible to get into the woods and track the deer that eluded me during bow season. Looking for something to do with the kids this weekend? Or just want to get out and get some exercise? Hit your nearest deer woods and keep your eyes on the ground.

So far ive found 47 sheds this season, including the racks from a few bucks i stalked all bow season and never got a crack at, just thought i would share some of my nicer finds;

026.jpg

003-2.jpg

011.jpg

044.jpg

017.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

417.jpg

422.jpg

406.jpg

366.jpg

361.jpg

350.jpg

351.jpg

352.jpg

WOW.... there must be a good population of mature bucks in your area to find all those sheds :w00t: Beauty :thumbsup_anim: I've never found one either :angry:

Question: Do you use the sheds for rattling while bow hunting??

Thanks for posting all those

Leechman

Leechman, I do indeed use antlers for rattling while i bowhunt, and let me tell you the results are explosive. Ive done everything from hard rattling to light tickling and had bucks charge in my direction faster than i could get by release clipped on the string. This year i tagged one of my bucks by rattling him in, and the other i tagged grunting and rattling him, shooting both bucks within 6 yards. Some people strongly disagree with rattling, such as my hunting buddy, but i never leave home without them during bow season.

Mike

Leechman, I do indeed use antlers for rattling while i bowhunt, and let me tell you the results are explosive. Ive done everything from hard rattling to light tickling and had bucks charge in my direction faster than i could get by release clipped on the string. This year i tagged one of my bucks by rattling him in, and the other i tagged grunting and rattling him, shooting both bucks within 6 yards. Some people strongly disagree with rattling, such as my hunting buddy, but i never leave home without them during bow season.

Mike

Great Mike B) 6 yards :w00t: that's pretty close..... doesn't leave you with much time for decision making LOL

Are you in a tree stand or on the ground when you do this??

Jacques

Nice sheds , I like that split brow tine antler. The non typical stuff gets me goin. I have never had much luck rattling, but I keep trying. I do my shed hunting while im pre season scouting for turkeys. Just think , chances are those bucks will be bigger this fall for you to chase. :thumbsup_anim:

Is there a market for them? I have seen buck knives handles made of a part of the antler, but are there any other uses for them beside that and rattling? Just curious is all. Personally I would love to come across one of them. Anyways, nice pics.

Edited by Hooked

Guest gbfisher

Ya dont have to go far. Close to the city usually gets some big Horns. Where they are not hunted and can really grow. ;)

A friend of mine over by the credit picks them up while walking his dogs as well. I think he has found 20 or so this year. Great Bigguns!!....To bad ya can't Bow hunt for them....lol

Is there a market for them? I have seen buck knives handles made of a part of the antler, but are there any other uses for them beside that and rattling? Just curious is all. Personally I would love to come across one of them. Anyways, nice pics.

There is a big market for any kind of antler art, infact ive sold quite a few pieces. I make everything from knives, coat/hat racks, and desk pieces, and currently working on making some prety cool lamps. Some of it I sell, some i make for myself;

here are a few pieces ive been working on the past couple weeks

antlerworx002.jpg

antlerworx003.jpg

antlerworx008.jpg

hat rack

antlerworx019.jpg

232.jpg

2 hour walk this mornin and not one shed.We didnt walk the corn field as it was pretty soft and the mrs was with me.She did enjoy the walk in th bush though.Did see lots of deer and turkeys today.This warming up sure had tem out and about.The spring turkey hunt should be a good one.

Edited by misfish