1 hour 1 fish

Paulus

I stole an hour today, between leaving work and getting home. The river was a lot dirtier than I expected, but I still managed a 5lb male. He took the bait minutes before my self-imposed "getchyer erse home, dhere buy" deadline, and seconds before I started wondering at the wisdom of fishing at all on this cold, wet, miserable day! Darned fish nearly made me late :rolleyes: ... Almost got me in trouble with the missus ;)

PICT0189b.jpg

With only an hour's fishing, there's not much else to tell about my first 2009 chromer, other than it gave a good account of itself & partially cured me of the shakes. When Spring rolls around, and Steelhead start making their way up-river... I get the shakes.

Seriously.

Winter lasted so long this year, I thought this day might never come!

p.-

When Spring rolls around, and Steelhead start making their way up-river... I get the shakes.

Seriously.

Winter lasted so long this year, I thought this day might never come!

p.-

Beauty! Congrats on getting the first of many this season and looking forward to the great pictures to follow.

I can relate. The first few outings are always a mess for me. Spend the day prepping, pacing, unable to focus and then when I finally get to the water, I am so hyped, hands shaking with anticipation, that I can barely fish..surprised Cliff hasn't tossed me in yet LOL

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Yeah, I get you Bly. I do the same thing. I'm a forgetful person at the best of times, but when Steelhead are in the offing it's often a wonder I can function at all. I forget really important things...

like....

let me think....

my passport! Yes, I actually forgot my passport once when I went to the States, to fish with Solo... yeah. :blush: Yeah... and my driver's license which I had taken out of my wallet because.... funny... I can't remember now... :dunno:

Luckily the border guard had a sense of humour that time :)

p.-

I think we can all relate to the itch for fishing, steelhead angler or not! thanks for sharing, I look forward to many more great pictures!

I couldn't agree more. Heading out for topwater bass action, at sunrise when the water is glassy calm, the aim on my first cast is always a little iffy :).

p.-

By the way, for the mod that deleted my first reply. merdeux means lucky.. and is neither a swear nor is it offensive.

Literal translation: You can't be any luckier!!

What the heck?!! Who's got it in for me?

We just assume you're foul mouthed :o

Because you're a pig.

HEY NICE FISH MAN!!!!!!

Me gusta pescado!!!!!!!

Nice lookin Steely. You have to learn to lie better. The car broke down, Im working late tonight,Have to help a freind fix his car ect......ect........ Just dont get caught smelling like roe. Its a dead give away. I even have a technique for that...........The damn gas pump spilled gas all over me !!!!!!!! Anyways,I once heard a great quote...." its easier to beg for forgivness than to ask for permission"

Thanks for the report, MP

Nice lookin Steely. You have to learn to lie better. The car broke down, Im working late tonight,Have to help a freind fix his car ect......ect........ Just dont get caught smelling like roe. Its a dead give away. I even have a technique for that...........The damn gas pump spilled gas all over me !!!!!!!! Anyways,I once heard a great quote...." its easier to beg for forgivness than to ask for permission"

Thanks for the report, MP

:P

I can't lie to my wife. I tried and died, because the forgiveness part was long in coming. I changed my ways. Now I say "I am going, ok?" and if it's not ok, she lets me know. If it's ok (which is more often now that our kids are 3... twins) then, it's ok. Much easier that way, because I don't have to try and remember ... "now... was that the time the car broke down, or was that the time I got out to put gas in the car and a car splashed mud all over me.... or was it the time when.... :huh: "

:rolleyes:

p.-

I guess you truly are "The Average Steelheader"

Hey thanks! It's always nice to receive the adulation of one of my "fans" :rolleyes: ...

You know, I thought of other titles for my blog, like "The Rube Fisher" or "I'm All That and a Bag of Roe" or even "The Awesome Beer Drinking Steelheader," etc... but it was all missing that "je ne sais quoi." I don't know what. :huh:

"The Average Steelheader" seemed to make sense, especially when you consider my usual results... <_<

;)

p.-