mirrocraft boats

Tybo

I've been looking into the 1977 exp Aggressor.

this model is the big water.Larger cockpit,small casting deck.

I have done my research.

thicker Guage, .125 to must .100 or lower.

larger rivets.

my questions are.

is it double rivet?

does it have twin plating?

What it ride like in 3 foots, tight together.

All info is much appreciated.

Not familiar with this model but Mirro's are a lower/middle end line quality wise.I doubt it is a double plated hull (Allumacraft is) and as for thickness almost all are at the 100mm mark and no more due to issues with the properties of alluminum if it's pressed and formed too thick.Ask the seller about this rivits,not sure,but bracing to reduce flex is the key to it not leaking over time.

I owned a mirrocraft 16' troller for years. It was not a big water boat and on the lower end quality wise but it got the job done. By the end it leaked so bad and had a stress crack 18' long that it ended up going for scrap it was so beat up. If you don't fish on big water or a few times a year it would be okay but if you are hardcore I'd look at something else that will last.

Mirocraft from the middle 70's were one of the highest quality aluminum boats, and made in Quebec. Don't no models anymore, they made a 12ft that was rated for a 35hp. just huge boat. Rented many 16ft mirro in Cessarea threw the 70's.

They were sold many times and have been very low quality for years.

If the price is right should be fine.

Garnet

Paul, please note that Mirrocraft uses .064" or .080" on almost all of their boats EXCEPT the Agressor EXP which uses .125" on the bottom and .100" on the sides. There's a big difference between that boat and all of their other offerings. Another thing to look at is the architecture (framing). I don't think I'd worry much about the EXP. being flimsey.