Large and Smallmouth Bass at No Frills

PatrickGG

Guest gbfisher
You bass thumpers need to relax. I'd hate to see the turmoil if someone started to sell farmed musky.

We're not supposed to eat Musky? :unsure::o

DAMMMM . :angry: ......gotta cancel my Kawartha trips for next season...... :(

i don't see the problem if these fish are farmed fish only if there farmed fish :)

everyone has there opinion on eating fish and what kind of fish.

and everyone has there opinion on C&R :)

Edited by E30Nigel

It bugs me because I fish mostly for bass. For example if i were to see walleye or trout or musky being sold at a grocery store i would not be as annoyed but some anglers that target those species may shake there head and be a little upset. If its legal than it must be ok to do. Being said what would you say if you saw a dozen Musky or Pike being sold at a grocery store and you were a angler that spends his/hers days fishing for these fish. :)

It bugs me because I fish mostly for bass. For example if i were to see walleye or trout or musky being sold at a grocery store i would not be as annoyed but some anglers that target those species may shake there head and be a little upset. If its legal than it must be ok to do. Being said what would you say if you saw a dozen Musky or Pike being sold at a grocery store and you were a angler that spends his/hers days fishing for these fish. :)

I'f they are farmed then they are raised for human consumption and they weren't taken from our waters. We would not have had a chance to catch any of those fish anyway. No matter what species.

Curt

You bass thumpers need to relax. I'd hate to see the turmoil if someone started to sell farmed musky.

I doubt you would see musky in the tanks as they take too long to grow to eatable size but then again if they are well fed...who knows???...someone mentioned seeing pike...were the pike alive?

This is nothing new...Fifteen years ago or more, I saw like bass in tanks in Chinese supermarkets in Richmond Hill...

Edited by Beans

the largemouth is very common is asian supermarkets (they call them green bass) and I believe that's legal since I've seen them there all the time, and in every supermarket.

However I have not seen a smallie in one of those tanks ever (yes, I do go and stare at the tank, especially when cabin fever really hits lol). I do find THAT a bit strange.

the largemouth is very common is asian supermarkets (they call them green bass) and I believe that's legal since I've seen them there all the time, and in every supermarket.

However I have not seen a smallie in one of those tanks ever (yes, I do go and stare at the tank, especially when cabin fever really hits lol). I do find THAT a bit strange.

If cabin fever sets in that bad, bring a scooby doo rod next time with your favorite bait , just to see what they would say haha. Cheers

I doubt you would see musky in the tanks as they take too long to grow to eatable size but then again if they are well fed...who knows???...someone mentioned seeing pike or were the pike alive?

This is nothing new...Fifteen years ago or more, I saw like bass in tanks in Chinese supermatkets in Richmond Hill...

no, the pike was not live. they were pike steaks. it was fortinos, and i only seen them once, someone mentioned american eel, i did one time see they had a tank with american eel for sale, very small ones though, wanted to buy one for my fish tank lol.

Edited by uglyfish

no, the pike was not lie. they were pike steaks. it was fortinos, and i only seen them once, someone mentioned american eel, i did one time see they had a tank with american eel for sale, very small ones though, wanted to buy one for my fish tank lol.

Sobey's often carries frozen pike filets in the freezer section.

seems like people are over reacting a bit.

I know bass are extremely rare and slow growing so I could see why people would instantly get the wrong idea...............

They farm raise most species of fish nowdays so nothing you see should surprise you.

I feel worse for the fish in the Bass Pro fish tank...

No kidding, they're so lively in that tank eh.

I've gone into a No frills around there, probably the same one, and there was some freaky stuff for sale in those tanks, like eels :huh:

They do sell crappies in the Chinese markets. That's how you know they are running heavy in Rice and Simcoe and they sell for $8.99 a pound, $10.99 for the live ones.

And that precisely is why my bro-in-law stopped giving them away...

I can hear them now after he C&R'd a big slab...

"Hey mister...you no throw back...you give me"...

"Naw...too small...too small"...

He could be a nasty bugger at times... :rolleyes: