great weekend of fishing with my ole' man

BassAsin

howdy all! hope the family weekend went well for all!

to my suprise i got a call from ma and pa a few days ago wed or thurs sayin they were gonna come and visit for the weekend. (personally i just think my dad needed to learn a few more fishin tips from me HAHAHA) so they got up here around 7 30 pm friday night and had grabbed a bucket of chiken from clucky duck when they got to town so i didnt even have to whip up a fancy pickeral dinner for them. ate dinner and watched a movie then went to bed.

saturday morning I woke up early and cooked up some bacon and eggs for the folks in bed. got some stuff together picked up just enough minnows (2 doz) and off to my little pike hole. i popped 4 holes for my dad and I and before i even got my switches packed up with some slush my dad had a pike on the ice. the action never stopped from 12 30- 5 00 we must have got 20 bites. the day total was a good 14 pike and 1 JUMBO about 12 and a half inches. so we packed up nad scooted home to my suprise some of moms old fashion cookin!!!! ribs, potatoes, veggies and chocolate covered strawberries for desert!

sunday was another nice day just like the day prior the sun was shining bright the wind was light and only about -6 what a beauty day! we grabbed another 2 doz minnows on the way to lake and walked out to my spot. to my suprise there were 3 people fishing in my holes. So i decided we would hit another good spot i do well at for larger but less fish usually and just as i finished drilling the 4th hole and gettin a bed made for the pooch my dad says "look over there" pointing at our spot from the day before. i turn my head and not a person in sight. we packed up and made our way over there. Once again the action started immediatly i drilled out some holes and again before i could get the 4th hole drilled my dad had iced a pike! i get my two switches packed up with some slush and as i'm goin to grab my lines my dad pulles up another. so we've had one line set for no more than 5 minutes and 2 pike! the day totalled up to 9 pike each none bigger than about 3 lbs but lots of action. my buddy rob came out for a short bit as the bite died off but managed to land a small pike as well. my dad pulled a 13 inch perch out which we thought was huge and sure enough just as i'm pulling my last line i hammer a nice 13 and half incher myself! a lot of the pike had a small bass 4-8 inches in their guts that they would spit up when we pulled them out!

a great weekend was had by all, it was warm enough for my dog whos now 9 years old and a little less tolerable of the cold my mom visited some old friends my dad and i had a blast of a time spending some quality time together on the ice sharing lots of laughs and most of all enjoying each others company.

to end the day sunday i did cook up a nice feed of pickeral for us before they hit the road!

a few pics are attached here

Matt!

feb_14th_1.jpg

feb_14th_2.jpg

feb_14th_3.jpg

feb_14th_4.jpg

feb_14th_5.jpg

feb_14th_6.jpg

feb_14th_7.jpg

feb_14th_8.jpg

Edited by BassAsin

Great report and pics Matt :thumbsup_anim:

Glad you got out and spent quality time with your Dad.... and none stop action to boot.... just doesn't get any better than that :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Great job you guys :thumbsup_anim: and real nice jumbo perch :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

it was a blast i was pleased that the fish co-operated seeings as i had brought my dad to " my never get skunked spot"

right on, that's a great day out...funny you mentioned the "never get skunked spot", I got a couple spots like that and I always feel the pressure is on when I bring someone to the spot :lol:

I see you had nothing to worry about there, your spot paid off pretty good, and you got to show off to your dad, can't beat that for the day :Gonefishing:

yea theres always a bit of pressure Jack, i was glad when both days he pulled one out before we could get a second line set!

have to admit 12footspringbok that 80% of what I know was taught by that man, and i thank him everyday!

thanks GBW it was a good weekend for sure!

Dnthmn i couldnt have asked for a better weekend! Mom even did all my laundry for me when i went fishin!

Dnthmn i couldnt have asked for a better weekend! Mom even did all my laundry for me when i went fishin!

Alright, between the fishing, the cooking & the laundry you made out like a bandit.

Ask your folks if they want to adopt a 28 year old son :D

Alright, between the fishing, the cooking & the laundry you made out like a bandit.

Ask your folks if they want to adopt a 28 year old son :D

i tried my best but they said a few words i could only type with symbols &@#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&^%$# I got the boot at 18

Matt!

Now that is a great way to spend a weekend. Quality time with you and Dad. Share come gab and loads of fish on top of it all. Enjoy every opportunity, together, that you can get. :clapping::clapping:

I always make sure to enjoy his company, friendship, kindness, laughter and sincerity as if it will be the last, he is my best friend and taught me a very large part of what i know. He is the man that got me to this point and its now my turn to take over and continue to learn and grow. some fish on the side just makes it that much better to enjoy our time.

Thanks Bruce

Matt!