Float Fishing Main Line- You opinion one more time!

baironhorse

Ok One last time gents. Im confused and don't know which line to pic. Ive been using Iron Silk in past but discontinued by Berkley and my stock is finished.

Your thoughts on: Raven or Maxima or Siglon(which one??)?? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Before I go out and spend the cash would like to know your thoughts.

Thx

ande's will twist itself up after a long day floating worms, ive had it happen way to many times. i used maxima ultragreen for the past few season and its one of my favorites, super strong, limp, low stretch, and doesnt twist as easy. Recently ive switch to P line flurocarbon which has turned out to be a nice line, very strong, low visibity, very limp, doesnt twist well, but it does tend to have a little more stretch then the maxima monofiliment. i always use maxima mono for my leader. hope this helps a bit

mike

anything over 6 pound test and your crazy

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......... you wouldn't have a chance landing a decent sized fish in the water I fish.

My main pinning is done on a river that runs between 2500 and 8000 cfs depending on time of year.

Good luck landing a 30" bow there with your mighty 6# test main line. <_<

If you like ironsilk, then you will probably not like raven. Raven has a thin diam. for the lb. test it is rated for, so the abraison resistance is not as good as ironsilk or most other lines. Most guys that like raven run the higher line rating (10-12 lbs.) for this exact reason. Maxima ultragreen is a good choice so is PLine CXX (which in my opinon are almost indentical lines in every way). My go to line the last few years has been Sufix Pro mix 8Lbs. not to expensive and great abraison resistance just like ironsilk.

:wallbash: ya, keep telling yourself 6lb main line catches more fish than 12lb

+ I like getting the majority of my rig back from a snag ;)

Ditto

I do not use anything less than 10lb Raven and usually Drennan 6lb flouro lead.

Jose

Edited by jchau53

ande's will twist itself up after a long day floating worms, ive had it happen way to many times.

Not sure what you meant by this?

Been using 8lb since the early 90's... no complaints. Side casting from centrepins and on spinning reels.

But if you insist on spending more for line...

just one persons opinion of course.

ive been pulling out 25lb salmon on my stanton with 6 pound test and 4 pound leader for over 15 years old out of fast water. any day you wanna see come down to the banks of the beaver river and ill battle a 30'' any day through ice flow with 6lb test.

Your clearly not getting the point ...... Yes we all agree with you that 6lb will work, but it is not necessary for many good reasons listed above

ive been pulling out 25lb salmon on my stanton with 6 pound test and 4 pound leader for over 15 years old out of fast water. any day you wanna see come down to the banks of the beaver river and ill battle a 30'' any day through ice flow with 6lb test.

I'm sure the other 40 guys fishing the flats with you love waiting an hour for you to land that 25# chinny. :blink::rolleyes:

Guest steel'n'esox
1 25 pound chinny

1 man with 6 pound test

1 hour of everyone time

Every fisherman’s face and comments during that hour battle ... Priceless.

Nothing more needs to be said as Sil spelled it out exactly, a few of the guys I fish with would just cut his line or burn it with a lit cig. Have a Rainbow Day