Cold/Flu thread

huntervasili

this is where you can complain about having a cold or flu or whatever you may have to make you feel bad... I will start with saying i am drowning in a puddle of self pity having this cold/ flu not sure yet, (SNIFF SNIFF) and having to do not one but two exams tomorrow :( all i can say is Ugh..(cough)anyone else feel like that discouloured and inknown object on the bottom of your shoe or am I alone in this one? (blowing nose louder than a foghorn on a barge)....

Just my advice, don`t play around with a cold or the flu too long. If it persists get your butt to the doctor and make sure what is going on.

My story, a cold or the flu in Feb. 2003 , typical guy, go to the doc for a cold or flu. No! tough it out take a few days off work don`t whine it will get better, LOL. Mine didn`t, got worse, diagnosed with Mononucleosis April 2003 and it`s been downhill since then. Now I have Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, no sign of it or anything else before the cold? No clue on the trigger of it but I probably didn`t do myself much good trying to tough it out.

I had all the symptoms of a bad cold at the start, you don`t want to be like me!

Thanks for all your concern... I know i already have a physical/appointment scheduled within the next week so if it doesnt get better in a couple days i will see the doc anyway... hoping no one else catches more than just a bloody cold on the Ice this week...

The day before the fall Quinte get together, I started to come down with a cold/flu. With the advice supplied by FishnSled, I abroke out my wallet and bought a bottle of COLD FX! With nothing to lose, but a fishin trip I'd been anticipating for months, I read the instructions and followed them to a tee... It worked! Yes, I lost my voice, to the overwelling joy of my boat mates FishnSLed and Terry, but I did not feel sick and after a few days, I was 100% again!

It's expensive, but it works!

HH

Well thanks for making this thread to come here and complain cause now I got the dang flu! :angry: At first I thought that it was a cold but now I know that it is the flu, fever, bodyaches even my teeth hurt, and I have NO energy at all, now it is Fishindevil's turn to take care of me, :thumbsup_anim: knowing ALL the times I have taken care of him, even when he is feeling well, I take care of him :rolleyes::unsure::angel:

Just getting over a three week bout with something that comes and goes. Last Sunday felt like my sinuses we going to explode, was dizzy and could not eat, teeth ached, sholders and neck ached and stomach felt like there was a baloon in it. Being diabetic sugar control was impossible. Worst problem was that this was the 4th time in the 3 weeks I felt that bad. Whatever is floating around out there is real nasty. :dunno:

Edited by Garyv

Sorry to hear that Garyv! :dunno: Last night it became sooooo much worse, I think that MAYBE I slept for about 1 hour throughout the whole night and the fever broke out in my mouth, it felt like it was on fire, this is so bad your eyes and ears even hurt and you are so sick you can't even sleep, I didn't think that was possible :unsure:

I had the feeling cruddy feeling 2 days ago. Stayed home yesterday, made friends with the washroom.

I can sympathize with Garyv as I got DX two weeks ago with type 2 diabetes. The combination of the Metformin and the crud just doubles your "pleasure", aka throne time.

Only good news is my blood sugar has come down to normal, but I could kill for a pizza and beer. Now I have to watch for the reverse effect of the drugs/diet, hypoglycemia. The other bit of good news, they tell me, is of the major diseases at least this one is controllable.

Oh well maybe I'll just eat some sawdust, no carbs and it might just form a cork