Portable 12V battery made in NA or Japan

scugpg

Folks I'm after a rechargable 12V 7-10ah (5-7lb) battery for my fishfinder. Here's the catch: it has to be made in Japan or North America (little bet I'm having). Every powerpack or battery I come across seems to be made in China.

Anyhow does anyone know of any local battery manufacturers anymore? I'm getting really tired of dragging my optima around on a toboggan :lol: It'd look something like this:

psh-1280fr.jpg

Guest skeeter99
Yes its similar to a Motorcycle battery. Where was yours made?

just call up your local security company they are the batteries they use in home alarms for when the power goes out

radi shack carried them at the time but I guess now circuit city that is where I got mine for my aqua-view they were actually cheaper than at sayal electronics in scrborough

it is just a dry cell 12 v battery nothing special was does it not have to be made in china? the bloddy computer u are using to make this post was!!!! LOL!!!!!

Edited by skeeter99

just call up your local security company they are the batteries they use in home alarms for when the power goes out

it is just a dry cell 12 v battery nothing special was does it not have to be made in china? the bloddy computer u are using to make this post was!!!! LOL!!!!!

I already called up the alarm co's and have found them...all China/Taiwan. Skeeter I hear you but I made a bet with the gf to see who can go the longest w/o buying something from overseas (Japan being an exception in this case). Its amazing how tough it is to do this with certain items!

With that bet.. guessin you fishing gear collection won't be growing tooo fast! lol

haha good point....since the bet I've discovered that Gulp alive are made in the US, Lowrance in US/Mexico, Minn Kota motors and St. Croix rods are US. Not what reels are though but should be pretty easy to get lures here :Gonefishing:

Actually not too hard...aside from gloves, clothing etc.

haha good point....since the bet I've discovered that Gulp alive are made in the US, Lowrance in US/Mexico, Minn Kota motors and St. Croix rods are US. Not what reels are though but should be pretty easy to get lures here :Gonefishing:

Actually not too hard...aside from gloves, clothing etc.

Yes but are all the components made in North America?

I bet that would be an easy way to pull a fast one on her and win the bet eh?

I'm so tired of all the crap that comes out of China, it all falls apart so you have to buy new stuff. I try very hard not to buy made in china but it is increasingly difficult. I remember fishing besinde a new Canadian who was from Russia and the topic came around to this very subject. He couldn't believe how much stuff here was made in China, didn't we know how cheaply made and what poor quality it is? he said people there found out long ago how poor the quality was on their goods. I kinda chuckled at the time but not anymore, I go out of my way now to buy stuff that isn't made there and it gets harder and harder every day.

Scugog,

Power Sonic Batteries are available from Total Battery in Barrie, Ontario.

461 Dunlop St, W. Unit 10

Barrie, Ontario,

L4N 9W3

Toll Free: 1-888-441-4446

Tel: (705) 726-6660

Fax: (705) 726-6366

I found them to be very reasonable. They also have locations in Ottawa (2), and Pembroke.