Under water Camera

nautifish

Well i am planning on hitting the show in Missa next saterday and am looking at purchaseing an under water Camera. Now i do not know too much about these units except there Big....lol...

So i would appreciate any suggestions as to what are the best models out there? and if you do own one how do you like it?

Thankyou so much.

I have the 5 1/2" Cabelas Advanced Anglers Camera. It's an excellent black and white camera that uses a Sony CCD with IR lighting. It works extremely well and is very affordable. You can also record by hooking a camcorder up to the output on the back of the monitor. An added bonus is it's on sale now for $97.49.

With an average rating of 4.1 from 142 owners I guess I'm not the only satisfied customer.

PS. Don't buy the panning camera. It is not a Sony and is no where near as clear as the fixed versions.

Cabelas Camera

i've got the 7" cabelas camera

it's a hassle to set up, it's big and it's heavy...

i wouldn't go and spend the $$ again...

if you want it for ice fishing put the $$ for a flasher

when set up properly it works great, but it takes a while to set it up the way you want

Hey Nauti,

I agree with UB. I've had an Aquaview for a few years and after the initial novelty wore off I hardely use mine. Go on You tube and check out all the different posts to get an idea on underwater fish videos and the clarity/quality. The ones posted on the Aquaview site are done under the most ideal conditions.

When I use mine its mainly for shallow water either open water or ice fishing. Most times it's a pain to get out, unravel the cord, try and see something below the boat and then wind it back up.

Overall I wasn't all that impressed with clarity and visibility. Even with the UV light the amount you see is limited. By a good fish finder unless you're trying to keep the kids entertained.

here are some videos with aquvu and marcum

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

with the marcum I was using my digital camrea pointed at the tv screen to record the picture so every time I caught something the camera moved

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love playing with it

Thanx so much guys.

I have been on you tube a few times actually latley checking out the under water camera's which is actually why i wanted to buy one.....I guess i'm a big kid at heart lol they look like a lot of fun and i love the way you are able to watch the fish under water while your fishing.

I do wish how ever there was one you could directly plug your digi cam into and record as apose to a cam corder.... <_<

I'll have a look around at the show on saterday and see if anything catches my eye.

Thanx so much again everyone. ;)

Edited by nautifish