Senko?!... I've heard of those!

rbaquial

Ok... Stupidest question(s) probably ever asked on here....

- What exactly IS a SENKO?

- is it a SHAPE/TYPE of PLASTIC?

- Is it a BRAND? IF SO...can someone provide a picture of what their "DESIGNS" look like? (bags etc.)

- If its NOT a BRAND? Can you name some COMPANIES out there that DO make them? (popular brands?)

- What type of hook is best used? and what STYLE? (ie: Wacky Rig? or Texas?)

- How many different STYLES of HOOKING them are there? (names?)

I'm asking because I may pickup some at the show! (LOL, funny part...I MAY have 'em in my artillery, but not 100% sure) :clapping: *tuh duh duh; I'm wee-todd-did*

Here's what I have... but its called a "DINGER"? (this is confusing; cause if I'm right... SENKO's look similar?)

IMG_5035.jpg

UGH!! SOMEONE HELP!!

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

that is esentially a senko, wave worm makes a tiki stick or a fatter version called the bamboo stick yamamoto baits makes the yamasenko yum makes the dinger northland makes some called slurpies BPS makes em u can rig em wacky texas rig carolina rig weightless drop shot many may argue this but i use a 2/0 or 3/0 hook depending on length of them a wide gap worm hook i use the matzuo and gamgatsu ones. work great around structure rigged weedless and your just gonna have to play with them they work great

i'm personally a weightless style guy, never had great success on wacky i fish pretty thick stuff. dont be afraid to run them over lily pads as a topwater lure and make sure to set the hook hard play around and have fun if you feel disappointment comin on try a new style or change it up a bit dont give up on these. the bass are gonna wish u had!

Mat!

Yep same thing, I think the original senko was made by Gary Yammato? Somebody makes something new everyone makes a knock off.

Haven`t used them much myself, but Texas rigged, wacky rigged and even on a jighead, light with an over sized hook say 1/8 ounce with a 3/0-4/0 hook.

Used wide gap worm hooks for Texas rigging, mustads ewg 3/0 -4/0 a sproat style hook for wacky rigging. Small rubber band (Brace style0 o ring in the middle and the hook slid between it and the senko will help prevent tearing like you get sticking the hook in it directly.

Awesome! thanks guys (you have no idea how stupid I still feel)

Don't ever feel stupid about asking a question. I'd wager that 30% of the people are really glad that you asked the question FOR them.

Not only was it the shape that made Mr. Yamamoto's Senko famous, but the amount of additives (mainly salt) he used to give it that slow fall and weight for casting distance without a weight.

As with all copies, they come close... but aren't ever exactly the same. I think the Dinger comes the closest, but the Yamamoto Senko is still the best.

Don't ever feel stupid about asking a question. I'd wager that 30% of the people are really glad that you asked the question FOR them.

Hahahah yea, Im one of those 30% ... I had no idea what they were either, just never asked the question I guess !!!

Thanks for the info

Edited by Lunker777

If I had to fish 1 bait for LM or SM,this would be it.It will fish well in almost any type of cover from 1'-12' weightless and deeper wieghted.For most situations I favor wacky because it fully utilizes the feature of the bait that makes them so good,the shimmy.Sometimes bigger is better for LM but you are better to just fish 4" or 5" for smallies.Hook wise for wacky the Gammy short shank circle hooks with the nylon weed guard in 2/0 size are the ticket,can fish em in cover and very small and unobtrusive,a longer shank 2/0-3/0 extra wide gap is the ticket for texas rigging these.BTW that Dinger color is one of my favorites,gets em everytime.There are big differences in how the different makes fish,you can't beat a "true Senko".