I like CHROME

kemper

Not a fish this time, sorry guys. I have another kind of chrome, picked it up as a christmas present for myself and man do I like it.

Raven Vectra SST 3, with custom handles that Im in the process of working on. I think a darker stain with a slight reddish tinge is gonna look cool. Pulled the bearings and degreased/sewing machine oiled and now it spins forever. Raven claims that this is the lightest pin out there, but so do a few other companies so who knows (who cares?) but it is damn light (like 6.8g light). The startup is just stupid fast, and it basically fishes itself. I really like the twist knob that controls the bearings, this was I can actually adjust it for different flows mid drift with no tools, wonderful idea. I have only had it out a couple times (all was around -10) and it performed like magic, so far I am really happy with it.

I happen to like Raven products, they offer good value and when you are paying 18 K a year for school value is key! I owned a matrix before this, and it was cheap but a really solid little pin. Never gave me troubles and worked flawlessly until the day I sold it. Reel matches up perfectly with my custom build St Croix, as it is a very light rod.

Heres some pics

med_gallery_256_231_51739.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_59304.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_139884.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_75463.jpg

See ya on the river

They're a good reel and light, but be careful with it. You can bend the main shaft and knock it out of true by simply torquing down on a salmon.

Don't ever drop it either....

Im crazy careful with my reels, the last one was sold without even the smallest scratch.

Good to know about that center shaft though, I had heard that it was easy to bend, but also heard that it wasnt.

I dont battle alot of salmon anyways, and I have a beater set up for that.

nice kemper ... i know how you feel, got my 1st pin (aventa) as a gift from the gf half a year ago and i take it out from time to time just to spin it and play with it... got real busy with school so i have yet to take it out to the river

we gotta get together sometime and you can hook me up with some chrome!

Great acquisition Kemper. Hard to go wrong with a Raven.

nice kemper ... i know how you feel, got my 1st pin (aventa) as a gift from the gf half a year ago and i take it out from time to time just to spin it and play with it... got real busy with school so i have yet to take it out to the river

Victor, maybe this year you can try getting your tongue stuck to the Aventa :whistling:

I'll have to save that reply for later!!!!

A spinning reel will catch the same fish!!!!!

Sure is nice looking though.........

Sinker

I agree it will, I caught alot of steelhead before I went to a pin.

I will say, however that the pin is MUCH more effective at controlling the drift, and getting the bait to the fish.

They are an excellent reel for the money Kemper.

I specifically bought mine for the weight because I have a superlight old 13' GL2 that I use it with. No disappointment whatsoever, even after I bounced it off the rocks once! Bought new bearings immediately after, but haven't needed to replace them because it still spins like a top.

I've only used an Aventa and Islander in the past and am still partial to this one.

th_NiaDec9-08.jpg

Fall spawner.

th_P1010530.jpg

Tomorrow is gonna see +1 .... Get that thing worked in :D

Ha, dude oshawa is frozen...COMPLETELY.

Id need an auger, and at this rate is gonna stay that way till june.

Is the kingpin in yet? I cant wait to see that thing in action.