Hello and thanks

fishnsled

Hello fellow OFNers!

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks. Your kind words and good luck wishes that were sent my way over the past few days were greatly appreciated.

As Cliff had updated, the angiogram on Friday went well and they found nothing. I have followed up with the cardioligist in six weeks to see if anything else should be done at this point in time. In the mean time, excercise and a balanced diet. I guess that means a beer in each hand so you don't fall over. :D In all seriousness I will be watching my intake. I also had eye surgery today and that seem to go OK as well. Back in for a follow up there in 3 months.

A very special thanks to Cliff and Carole for coming by yesterday with coffee and breakfast. Also for digging me out of the 28cm of snow that we apparently got out this way, according to the news tonight. I think Cliff was very happy to be using my snowblower to move all that snow around. :) Carole and I did a very good job of chatting and catching up while laughing at the snow blowing back in Cliff's face. :lol: Two nicer people you'd be very hard pressed to find. Thanks to OFC for helping this friendship connect. It is certainly a pleasure to call them my friends.

So now that the doc has given me the go ahead, look out Simcoe! Here I come!

PS - GCD - Very scary going into the procedure but as you said, "a piece of cake" in the end. I was even lucky enough to be give new device. Instead of the typical clamp and sandbag recovery that I had been told about from others to stop the bleeding, the doc used a plug. It's actually called an Angio-Seal I was up and around in a couple of hours and on my way home. Very sore that evening mind you but as the weekend went on things got better and are pretty much back to normal now. A little bruising and I just have to wait the 3 months for the Angio-seal to dissolve.

Thanks again everyone.

Edited by fishnsled

That's great to hear Will! :thumbsup_anim:

Did you have a stress test done before the angio gram? Were you having some kind of symptoms for them to recommend an angio?

I was having chest pains and the doc recommended I take a stress test that came back positive (not the good kind of positive)

Had the angio done and my arteries are in great shape.. except for one that thinks it's a butthole and wants to close up all the time.

It turns out I have Spastic/Prinzmetal angina :rolleyes: rare in American men, but more commonly found in Japanese men. It comes from eating a healthy diet ( the clear arteries) but smoking too many cigs and drinking too much caffeine! :wallbash:

I take one pill a day and stay away from the caffeine and I'm good to go!

Glad to hear everything came back positive Will! Like I said, don't let them folks back at Technicolor stress you out to much! Good assistants are hard to find these days... :whistling: I'm just kidding...as long as you've got Mark around you should be a-ok.

Make you sure drag Cliff and Carole out for some hard-water action this winter! They're 1 hell of a couple, but I like to see reports of them getting skunked at least a couple times a year... :P

cheers,

UF

That's great to hear Will! :thumbsup_anim:

Did you have a stress test done before the angio gram? Were you having some kind of symptoms for them to recommend an angio?

I was having chest pains and the doc recommended I take a stress test that came back positive (not the good kind of positive)

Had the angio done and my arteries are in great shape.. except for one that thinks it's a butthole and wants to close up all the time.

It turns out I have Spastic/Prinzmetal angina :rolleyes: rare in American men, but more commonly found in Japanese men. It comes from eating a healthy diet ( the clear arteries) but smoking too many cigs and drinking too much caffeine! :wallbash:

I take one pill a day and stay away from the caffeine and I'm good to go!

Hey GCD - I did have the stress test done before the angiogram as well as an echocardiogram and the ECG to start things off. The ECG and stress test indicated that something was wrong (Up here in the north they call the results abnormal. At least that's how the docs gave me my results.). The echo showed that the heart was in good shape. I've really had no symtoms other then getting out of breath real easily. All of this came about in my annual check up when the doc first did the ECG. Not sure where they will go from here but it's nice to know that the heart and arteries are in good shape.

Good to know that your end results are as simple as taking a pill a day. Getting old sucks eh?! LOL!

Thanks again everyone.

I'm was just glad to hear that everything went well with the test Will!! Had I known way back when I offered the snow removal thing that we'd get the worst dumping of the winter, we may been "busy" this past weekend...LOL.

I hear you too...this is a great community...we've had plenty of laughs both on and off the water thanks to this board!