Future of the ice fishing - LHS

keram

Well, this is not a joke. I've already "dry" tested this device and it works. I've seen something similar couple years ago, so it is not entirely my idea, but I did few improvements.

From now on I will call it LHS (lightning hook set) :lol: Imagine you sitting in comfy chair or a hut, having lunch ( both hands not available ), ice rod in rod holder and you see the strike.

In time you put your lunch aside the fish is gone ( more likely with your minnow too ).

To aviod this you need to make the fish to hook itself :thumbsup_anim: and let you finish your lunch, or whatever you do at that time :lol:

So time to present the LHS :thumbsup_anim:

med_gallery_186_32_52202.jpg

With UL setup

med_gallery_186_32_49269.jpg

Put the rod in rod holder, bend it and slide under release pin. Wrap the line around trigger pin, lower you lure to the desired deph and enjoy your lunch. :D

When fish strikes tension of the line move the rod from and pin, releasing the energy of the bent rod :thumbsup_anim: setting the hook in split second. :thumbsup_anim:

Release mechanism

med_gallery_186_32_39043.jpg

Both rod holder and release mechanism are not glued and can be turned in any direction. By changing their position I can accomodate rods of different length and sensitivity. Also trigger and release pin can be turned around to help achieve most sensitive set-up.

Going little bit further ( for anglers who likes to take a nap ) :lol: this is deluxe version

med_gallery_186_32_34273.jpg

The bell will wake you up on hook set :thumbsup_anim:

And after day of fishing you can fold it for easy transport and storage

med_gallery_186_32_36358.jpg

Hopefully I will test LHS on ice tomorrow. Wish me luck

P.S If everything goes well I will visit Patent Office on Monday :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by keram

I will have to postpone "field" test little bit because of the valid concern send to my attention

by OFC member.

The simple question is: Is it legal? :dunno:

I'm not setting the hook by hand (tip-up), or by rod (Jigging).The fish itself triggers the release and the hook set. :blush:

When I was thinking about it, trapper come to my mind (animal triggers the trap), but then maybe I just comparing apples to oranges.

Anyway I will be sending e-mail to MNR shortly with this question. In mean time what do you think?

Different twist to many of these, http://www.automaticicefisherman.com/

Thanks for the heads-up. I did not see this before. You save me a trip to Patent Office :thumbsup_anim: . I will go fishing instead. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

I've spent some time to find the contact at MNR office in Peterborough, could not find any.

Do any of you knows an e-mail addres ( preferably-I need this on paper :rolleyes: ) :D or phone #, so I can ask my qoestions. :dunno: