Hut heater

FISHINGNUT

Was wondering if this would heat my hut?,I have a clam 6500 8x6 portable,I have been using a coleman stove with the 1lb canitsters ,it heats good but I go threw to many 1lbrs ,I looked at an adaptor to use a 20lbs tank with the stove but they are $35 when I could buy the screw in type for $50 and not have to lug the stove .

Thanks

here is the link to the heater

Visit My Website

Got to be very careful about propane heaters in your hut. Couple of younger fellas came close to gassing themselves last year with the heat cranked up and the vents closed. The new fabrics are amazingly windproof, and that means no air exchange when you seal yourself in.

Luckily for them they only felt kinda nauseous and had a wicked CO hangover for a day.

Got to be very careful about propane heaters in your hut. Couple of younger fellas came close to gassing themselves last year with the heat cranked up and the vents closed. The new fabrics are amazingly windproof, and that means no air exchange when you seal yourself in.

Luckily for them they only felt kinda nauseous and had a wicked CO hangover for a day.

Yep it is certainly something one needs to be made aware of.

A detector that runs on batteries might be a good idea if your an ice fishing fiend....low levels can have a long term effect on the lungs (and more?) make sure it does not go BEEP BEEP BEEP when run on battery power.

I bought 1 CO detector and 1 CO meter.

-The detector detects levels at about 70ppm.....if it goes off you get out fast! A match that burns under a coffee cup generates about 30ppm.....70 is high. 170ppm and you drop dead.

-The meter detects down to 2ppm...its is a Fluke and cost me $100, they last about 3 years then require the sensor to be replaced.

I use the meter to check periodically check the furnace, gas fireplace and stove. Yes, some would say I am overly cautious.

forrest