Gorgeous Steelhead Net

solopaddler

Definitely a beauty piece. Let's see some Christening pics!

As far as letting the wifey know, it's always great to stick words like "discount" or "fire sale" into the sentence. Or "It costs less than the price of a cup of coffee per day" without actually taking into account the length of time needed to acquire the equivalent funds. It's always worth more than what you paid :thumbsup_anim:

I don't care how pretty it is... you can still be admonished for it!!!

... if you're close enough to net them, you're close enough to tail them!!!

I've heard it here before!

Was wondering WHO was going to say it ROFL!!!

I don't care how pretty it is... you can still be admonished for it!!!

... if you're close enough to net them, you're close enough to tail them!!!

I've heard it here before!

That is correct unless A: It's freezing cold and you don't want to get your hands wet, B: You're landing the fish alone from a high vantage point that makes tailing difficult, or C: You're landing the fish while standing in waist deep moving water with no place to beach them (tailing is difficult in those situations) and finally D: Shut yer pie hole ya putz! :D

That is correct unless A: It's freezing cold and you don't want to get your hands wet, B: You're landing the fish alone from a high vantage point that makes tailing difficult, or C: You're landing the fish while standing in waist deep moving water with no place to beach them (tailing is difficult in those situations) and finally D: Shut yer pie hole ya putz! :D

I always thought that it would be easy to just tail a fish in waist deep water....then I tried it! Hardest thing!

I was fishing a deepish run and there was ice at the banks that was NOT safe to stand on so I waded out and fished in front of it...I know its not the smartest thing to do but sometimes these things happen. Long story short its nearly impossible to tail a fish when its -5 and you are standing waist deep in the water. Ended up pinning it against the ice with my waist then getting it with both hands! :wallbash:

That net is beautiful Mike

Of course the one thats been hanging in my garage for 15 years would work too, the holes in it are too small for a steelie to slip through... :whistling:

Just kiddin, that thing is a work of art man!

Well if y'all steelheaders woudn't spout that crap, I wouldn't hear it eh!!!

It is an excellent work of craftsmanship (for a Squash racket... sorry Dan, you were wrong) and would look better hanging on the wall with some vintage fishin' tackle... then you wouldn't have to face the embarrassment of being seen landing a fish with it on the creek!!!

Can I shut up now? ;)

What I want to know is why can solopaddler use a net and I cant?

I mean I am a girl... :P:o

I gotta go...hope Bly doesn't read this thread....

Don't worry buddy we won't spill the beans, and definitely use a net!

Wouldn't want your girlish hands to get chapped! :D