fishing report/ great day!

pike slayer

so we started out the morning heading up to crooked lakes north of the sault.today i rolled 200000km over on the old dodge dakota of mine and she is still going strong. me and my buddy nate met up with my buddy peter and 2 of his buddys. We sleded in and the trail was good this time. My buddy nate drilled his first hole and iced 2 lakers before i was even able to drill myself a hole. we fished from 9-11 and we caught around 30 lakers, they were just hammering and shallowing our minnows. there was tons of small little guys. at 11 we decided to sled over to a different lake called jarvis in hopes of icing bigger lakers. my buddy nate took my sled to the lake cause he just had to try out my rmk 700.so i take his old beater of a sled a 94indy 440fan pulling the sleigh and of course i'm the last guy in the pack and i took a little different route then the rest which lead me to end up doing some open water which was extremely scary such of the such under powered sled i was riding hahaha.so we get there and we got there drilled holes and right off the bat again 2 fish one being the biggest one of the day a mighty 3lbs haha. after that there was zero action for the rest of the day but we had fun sledding around and building fires and such. in crooked lakes the lakers are different, we call them greys. they arent dark and they have no white spots, just grey. has anyone seen this anywhere else? we jump over to the next lake and they are black with spots, a true looking lake trout. anyways i hope you enjoyed my report, im heading out again tomorrow, going for big lakers, not lakers the size of specks hahaha. and i definitly cant seem to upload the pictures for some reason, i've put pics on here before saved under the exact same thing yet it tells me wrong format hmmm very annoying

Great report pike slayer :thumbsup_anim:

You guys sure put a beating on them lakers.... congratulations :clapping:

Get a photobucket account.... it's much easier that way.... it even shrinks your pics when you upload them B)

Again great job and thanks for sharing

Leechman

i tried photobucket and they changed it around since last time i was on there and i cant seem to upload any pictures dont matter on what type of format it is. this are getting to advanced for me and im only 21 grown up in the computer world haha! i'll keep playing with it and see i can i get them to upload.

an age old discussion could come of your report ,, quantity or quality . 30 lakers of any size to me is an incredible day on the ice .

sleddin' to remote lakes , catchin' greys and warmin' to an open fire is a hell of a day in my books. well done . congrats .

thanks for read. look forward to your pic's

Excellent stuff Pikeslayer, lol....open water on a sled?!...lol braver than me...but oh yeah...i dont have to worry about that....I AINT GOT A SLED....lol

Those greys sound amazing...we have a lake here where they are very pale...but they still have markings.

30 trout in a day is some haul, good job. We went yesterday...size was a bit better but a very slow day....only 3 landed...1 put back and 2 got off.

Dont know what to say about the pictures.....hope you get it sorted , would love to see the pics.

Thanks for sharing

Simon.