Lubrication for portable ice hut poles

Fishnfiend

I have a clam and often is difficult to extend/compress the poles. What type of lubricant shoud I put on the poles that will not be affected by extreme cold or a little moisture (when I run my heater)?

I have had to resort to a BFH to compress them before...

I have the same problem and have be thinking about what can be used

you don't want something that will stay wet like oil, or dirty like graphite or wd40 that could gum it up over time..I have been thinking that a wax product might be the way to go..but I will be interested to see what people think

well......

this is what clam corp. has to say

Problem: The Pole Glide Technology is not moving smoothly.

Possible cause: Although the poles are pre-lubricated at the factory, the lubrication can dry/evaporate prior to use.

Solution: To maximize our Pole Glide Technology, we recommend spraying a small amount of WD-40® (or similar lubricant) into the openings (ends) of the Hoop Poles before assembling the shelter. Next, turn the Hoop Pole over to let the excess lubricant drain off (stuffing paper towels into the ends of the tube before turning it over will help prevent the lubricant from dripping out onto the floor). Finally, you may also want to lubricate the Seat Rail Tubes for easier back and forth seat movement.

hey guys what about dry graphite spray from a can...i use that stuff for everything,door hinges,trailer hitch etc....it doesnt run it sticks like glue,i think it should work on those poles i just read the can and it says to use on just about anything ...and its very waterproof...i got my can at canadian tire hope this helps guys let me know what you think???? :thumbsup_anim: