When does the '09 OFNC tourney start???

Greencoachdog

Are we going by rules or suggestions this year?

I reckon and" '09 OFC Tourney" logo is all we need in the pic?

....I suggest you go by the....oh hell I dunno? :dunno:

I think an "'09 OFC Tourney" logo will work for now till teams have been selected.

Are we going by rules or suggestions this year?

I reckon and" '09 OFC Tourney" logo is all we need in the pic?

I would like to join but would be hesitant if GCD got to use his "special H" lure. GCD knows what I mean....your a strange man.

forrest

I would like to join but would be hesitant if GCD got to use his "special H" lure ... the "special H" lure has been discontinued and I'm fresh out, I'll be going with a "Special K" lure this year!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

GCD knows what I mean....your a strange man ... you're just now figuring that out? :canadian:

forrest

Edited by GCD

Don't worry Glen...hope to have the tourney set up soon! I'm going to send out the request for captains shortly and begin sign ups. I just have to work out a date for it all to happen, but I'm hoping it's within a week. The intention is to start it ASAP so that steelheaders, ice anglers, and our friends down south could all take part. At this point, there are no changes to the rules planned. Stay tuned!

Don't worry Glen...hope to have the tourney set up soon! I'm going to send out the request for captains shortly and begin sign ups. I just have to work out a date for it all to happen, but I'm hoping it's within a week. The intention is to start it ASAP so that steelheaders, ice anglers, and our friends down south could all take part. At this point, there are no changes to the rules planned. Stay tuned!

Hey Hey!!! Looks like I woke somebody up! ;)

Good Morning Cliff!!! B)

I'm certainly interested in joining! If the rules stay the same as last year though I'm going to need some clarification. I believe one rule was "All fish entered need to be caught from your home province" Well now that I am living in BC I will obviously be doing a fair share if fishing up here through to late spring. But as soon as summer vacation rolls around and I'm done work I'll be heading back to Ontario (my true home) and plan on doing as much fishing there as I can.... will I be able to enter fish from both locations since they are both home? or am I limited to one? if so I have some thinking to do.

Would there be any way this year for individual entries to be made by team members direct to the site. That way the Captains are not overwhelmed by team members about pm's, fish size and updates

Maybe a team post that the members could submit a fish on the thread and the captain would summarize the first post only to show summary. When a bigger fish is entered the original post could be deleted for that fish.

We would all have to curtain the chatter and nice fish comments between fish posts though or each thread would be 200 replies long

I won't enter with you around.

Ghastly

Cheating

Dawg

We know you chum the waters with your pheromones.

:canadian:<_<

Well I don't have an ice hut to take a sit behind...

Fang Posted Today, 10:12 AM

Would there be any way this year for individual entries to be made by team members direct to the site. That way the Captains are not overwhelmed by team members about pm's, fish size and updates

Maybe a team post that the members could submit a fish on the thread and the captain would summarize the first post only to show summary. When a bigger fish is entered the original post could be deleted for that fish.

We would all have to curtain the chatter and nice fish comments between fish posts though or each thread would be 200 replies long

The way we had it last year worked well for me and most of the other captains.

The fish don't come in that fast a furious, so if your team captain will update them as they come in instead of letting them accumulate it's no big deal.

... btw... I'm in for captain again if y'all will have me back.

Honest to god, the fish tracking part of the captain paperwork is nothing. 2 minutes max per fish, and you don't wind up swapping them out very often. Our team came in 3rd last year (woohoo!), and several of our final entry fish were the first and only ones submitted for their category.

Granted I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to information transfer and effective communication, but take a look at my 2008 team's entry thread. I created a form right out of the gate with placeholders for everything, and just inserted #s and pic links as they came in. Took maybe 2 minutes per fish, max. End result - all the information you need, in a logical format that's really easy to refer to, zero confusion. Easy for the team, easy for the admins, and it looks good.

The time consuming paperwork for me was chasing people who signed up, and then couldn't be bothered to take their team signs out with them for pics. I had a couple guys who posted several "looky what I caught" threads to the general forum, with great fish, and never once touched a team sign. REALLY unfair to their teammates. :wallbash: I spent more time trying to encourage those guys to participate than I did keeping track of everybody else's fish.

Sign me up, guys - I wanna do it all again! :D