Looking for Florida fishing advice

sampson

The best largemouth fishing I ever had there is in the Disney Property. You don't need a amusement pass to fish either. MORNINGS are much better. I would recommend the lake at the "Market Place" where you can just drive park and fish with a guide. ALL boat fishing at Disney is done with a guide and it's strictly catch and release. The last time I took the whole family (wife and two boys) and we all caught several bass in the 6 lb range using large shad minnows. The cost was the same for just me or the whole family as you book the boat and guide.

If you are interested I have more info pack away somewhere on Disney Fishing.

I also did a guided bass fishing off the Disney property. Nowhere as good. We fished the Windemere Lakes.

Bob

I was down there in november and i used www.ladypamela2.com. Good guys and they put us on a ton of fish if you have the dollars i would recomend going out with them they are out of ft lauderdale about 45 min away. Heres a pic we were only out for 2 hours caught all these dolphin and a few spanish mackerel.

wedding_honeymoon313.jpg

Palm beach is very close to Okeechobee, a shiner trip will be a bit of money but on my list to do.

Also look into Peacock bass. The eastern side of Florida sports many canal system where they were introduced years ago, especially around Miami.

I moslty saltwater fish when down there. Day and half day trip out are inexpensive if you go out on the big party boats - BarJack Fishing is right out of South Palm Beach. I do at least 2-3 half day trips when I'm down there. Easy on the pocket book and still gives you time enought with the family

http://barjackfishing.com/category/whats-biting/

Go to google maps and type in Palm Beach fishing. It'll show you the charter captains around and links to their web sites

I know we are talking the other coast here but a few years ago I went out of Clear Water fishing amber jack. He was a commercial fisherman but would take up to 4 people out with him. cost $150.00/person for the day. You got to keep your first 100 lbs of fish.

We caught so many fish that by 2:00 pm my arms were so tired, I didn't want to fish any more. Probably one of the most productive days fishing ever and boy I can tell you that amber jack done on the BBQ is fantastic!

charternet.com is a great place to search for a slatwater charter. Sailfish should be heating up in the gulf stream and there should be some decent Kingfish as well. If your looking for inshore fishing, Jack Cravelle and various groupers and snapers can always be found. I wouldn't count on any snook or tarpon, they are more of a summer species.

Lantana is only about 15 minutes south of there and there are a few drift fishing boats. I've been on the Lady K and Sea Mist (out of Boynton Beach) many times. Cost around 40.00 for a 4 hour trip. Bottom fishing you'll catch lots of snappers, grouper and triggerfish. Personally I always fished the upper water column for dolphin/kingfish/wahoo and the odd sailfish...not as many fish but my motto is go big or go home!

tomandjerrys.net bass guide on lake toho near orlando. i've used him twice. they know their lake well. if you do book w/ them, ask for the older guy (he's jerry, i think). he's more nice and experienced. the younger guy (the son, brent) is sort of a jerk and he's on his phone all day. i had each the dad and the son and the dad is much better. it is like 250US for half day for 1 or 2 people, shiners not included. we got some huge fish in march 07 on his basscat. and back in JUne 01 he put us on a lot of fish.

Edited by goteeboy