Gas station full service dingers

sturgman

I have a really large/long driveway and would love to be alerted somehow when someone enters my driveway. I would freak to have one of those dingers go off when someone pulls into a gas station....Of course this may not be an option but how cool would that be for a big bell ring a ding dong when someone pulls in ?? :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by sturgman

They're great until a group of deer go thru at 4 am !... followed by a pack of coyotes right after you've drifted back to sleep.

Haven't seen a gas station with an "air hose" dinger for many years!

If you wanna do one... use a photo eye. I have one in the laneway about 1/2 way to the house. Hooked into our intercom to it's "door bell" connection. That way it rings from each intercom station so I know someone is coming whether I'm in the house/shop or hangar.

Anyone actually have any experience with this model?

My father tried to get something like this up and running ~10 years ago. Bunch of electronics whizzes monkeyed around with several different motion sensors and chewed through $$$$, but in the end it didn't work. Not only would these gizmos go off if one of the chipmunks got within 30', the wind would set them off too! Talk about a frustrating waste of time and $$$. I'd really like to find one that actually *works*.

if you are going to go via route of a motion detector, and you don't want the troubles of critters setting it off ect. What you need is one of the motion detectors like people put in thier houses that are made so that your pets like a dog can't set it off, they are designed so that a certain amount of the "beams" they put out have to be broken before the alarm will go off, that would be what you want for outside. Remember though that a motion detector is a "power device" unlike a door or window contact, you can set one up pretty simple though, all you need is a small 12 volt battery and a siren kind of deal or buzzer...any of those small simple security alarms like mentioned for example by others, but ask the person in the electronics department about the motion detectors I mentioned designed to be put in homes where people have larger pets like cats and dogs. I have lots of experience installing security systems and CCTV in homes, offices ect, if you need any more simple ideas how to set this up shoot me a PM no probs

Edited by jwl

most motion detectors

send out any beams, if you block out all but one or two which you make sure is pointed across the drive way you can cut way down on animals and leaves and whatnot making it go off

but a photo eye/laser beam is the way to go