Best posts of the year

forrest

After the fist dozen posts it became clear that the simple below categories were not the best way to do a vote that includes a wide range of great posts and posters. The board owners will want an option to give guidance (it is their baby).

so post away great threads and the ideas. There will be a later thread to setup a final poll:

ORIGINAL POST:

old post taste funny, but I don't remember seeing that big bass before, it was a good set of pics.

That old post being bumped gave me an idea. How about Nominations for best fish post?

Post or PM me with your favorites and I will narrow down a voting list. Maybe someone will put up some OFC stuff for winners? :whistling: (or take this over)

Categories:

Best single fish

Best fishing day where the catching was not so hot

Best fishing day where it was the best due to the fish caught

Best overall poster

forrest

PS...was this done last year too, therefore, making this a lame copycat?

Edited by forrest

steelheading- solopaddler hands down (he's the only guy that is exempt from annual report ;))

variety fish - moosebunk

both members write fun to read reports and include lots of pictures. good to have them around.

Edited by efka

Please post an individual links if you can. I can think of a few kick butt posters Solopaddler and Moosebunk included.....and that CCMT guy keeps posting big fish.

One more category.....best overall poster.....sounds like solopaddler is nominated a few times.

forrest

Is this how the first academy awards went?

new category idea

Amateur poster / new poster --> should it go by date joining or number of posts? If posts how many posts?

Regards,

forrest

i guess if we're goin for best post how about we go by # of posts? 300 400? how many defines an "amateur" is the question i guess, if i wanna have a chance i better stop posting suggestions eh? lol

I knew both solopaddler, leechman, moosebunk and a few others made many great posts and I went to make a list....wow.....If those few were the Pittsburgh Steelers the rest of use would be the Timhorton Tykes :lol:

forrest

Edited by forrest

old post taste funny, but I don't remember seeing that big bass before, it was a good set of pics.

That old post being bumped gave me an idea. How about Nominations for best fish post?

Post or PM me with your favorites and I will narrow down a voting list. Maybe someone will put up some OFC stuff for winners? :whistling: (or take this over)

Categories:

Best single fish

Best fishing day where the catching was not so hot

Best fishing day where it was the best due to the fish caught

Best overall poster

forrest

PS...was this done last year too, therefore, making this a lame copycat?

How about making a top 20 list? with the above criteria?

Edited by Leechman

Limeyangler has contributed great reports on a regular basis. During the summer months Mikethebassfisherman posted quite a few reports and seems to be the most dedicated new member as far as I can tell, even though I haven't been around long myself.

How about making a top 20 list? with the above criteria?

Yes, there are a lot of great posts from many people. Solopaddler, Moosebunk and Leechman are certainly dominant quality posters. There are others though like those bass pics (best amateur) and a wack of others....a thread of best threads (top 20) would be a good read.

This needs some collective thought....or maybe people can just start posting links to what they though was the best thread of the year, no commenting just "post/thread of the year" too keep it simple.

free for alls often work. Let the threads and suggestions fly....lets try to make it so amateurs and best pic posts ect have their say.

forrest

Edited by forrest

Limeyangler has contributed great reports on a regular basis. During the summer months Mikethebassfisherman posted quite a few reports and seems to be the most dedicated new member as far as I can tell, even though I haven't been around long myself.

i havnt been here long either but i have noticed mikethebassfisherman quite a bit with some nice pictures!