Lurkers......Join the fun

blaque

I notice on many occasions the "guests" vs. the members online is almost a 2 to 1 ratio.

This morning there were 135 people browsing the forum.......89 were guests, and 46 were members.

COME ON IN GUYS, sign up, . By the time you got done surfing here this morning , you could have been signed in and taking part in the conversations....

I wonder how many "guests " are guys like me that clear their ''cache" every time they look up their bank info which in turn books us out of here and miss signing back in next time...??? :wallbash:

Edited by Beans

The time right now is 10:42am and the numbers have gone up.

128 guests, 72 members, 0 anonymous members

Lurker or not means nothing to me but maybe "total members" does to forums sites. I do not know.

You know how some of the members are - they like to post worthless posts just to increase the totals for the number of posts they have posted. Or maybe nothing better to do?

What I would like to know and ask is - DOES ANY ONE WORK? I mean, it is now 10:48am. Or, are some at work and playing on company time? 200 people online is a high number.

Thank you - carp-starter

the totals are now up again -

128 guests, 75 members, 0 anonymous members

I wonder how many "guests " are guys like me that clear their ''cache" every time they look up their bank info which in turn books us out of here and miss singing back in next time...??? :wallbash:

Well, at least somebodies thinkin this morning, that never crossed my mind bean.........but you are totally right. I do the same (clear out my cache many times a day) and dont realize i am on as a guest every morning till i find something to respond to or go to start a new thread and realize i am not signed in. Good point.

I used to get signed in automatically every time I came to this site but then something changed and it doesn't do that anymore. So I only log in if I want to post

Same thing has happened on other sites but some sites still remember me. Strange.

Stupid computers. :dunno:

What I would like to know and ask is - DOES ANY ONE WORK? I mean, it is now 10:48am. Or, are some at work and playing on company time? 200 people online is a high number.

I am indeed at work........i wouldnt get thru a day at the office without comin on and reading something about a fish being caught. lol

The time right now is 10:42am and the numbers have gone up.

128 guests, 72 members, 0 anonymous members

Lurker or not means nothing to me but maybe "total members" does to forums sites. I do not know.

You know how some of the members are - they like to post worthless posts just to increase the totals for the number of posts they have posted. Or maybe nothing better to do?

Thank you - carp-starter

the totals are now up again -

128 guests, 75 members, 0 anonymous members

I have my computer open on my desk and online all day long for work. But since I have the attention span of a 3 year old I keep getting distracted from my work. I suspect I may be pretty typical of OFNers in that regard. If we could stay focused on our work we'd probably rule the world. :thumbsup_anim:

JF