lakesimcoemessageboard.com

tonyb

well it seems the owner and the exowner and some mods and some members are having an argument aobut..well lots of stuff...

who know what the final outcome will be

but boards do have growning pains and not all plans work out the way they want them too

it just went down a little while ago

I feel for those guys... partnerships of any kind are hard in the best of times... They are a great source for Simcoe Information... I hope everything works out over there and they are back up soon!

Yeah. Simcoe should have its own board. It's a large lake with specific ice fishing situations. I'm surprised a Simcoe specific board would have trouble. Hope they get back up and running....especially at this time of the year.

Well,

After a long, behind the scene deals/fights between the owners, while allowing RSB on the scene, to play his own games of censorship and control freak (deleting/banning lots of old FLS members) the expected/predicted happened. The board is down and who knows for how long after the developments from last night.

It's been said, there maybe be a new board and SOME members MAY follow there...but I wouldn't bet on this for as long as the same moderator style and unlimited control is allowed.

Total net dictatorship was taking place there in recent months. People were deleted and banned left/right and centre for no reason, without giving them a chance to defend themselves. One message board is only as good as its members and is not worth anything without them.

Tents of regular, old time members were kicked of the board, or made to leave by RSB. He was told this type of behaviour (and not only) will slowly, but surely take the board down the drain.

I guess it just did....

Too bad though ... it was good board for many years, but lately was mismanaged and miss-moderated big time...It became an arena for the moderator to prove himself in life and dictate everyone else with different opinion what is black/white. The owners looked the other way and allowed uncontrolled moderator power and abuse against others.

As long as the RSB is not allowed control of the new board and kept away and his moderator style is not duplicated, the new board might have a fair chance...otherwise...oh well....nature never keeps things in vacuum...something else will take its place.

P.S. You know the golden rule for sports referees – the least the public notices them, the better they have done their job. Likewise with the moderators. Unfortunately it was not the case with the FLS board where RSB was playing THE KING and KINGMAKER. Now you see the results.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Guest gbfisher

Well,

After a long, behind the scene deals/fights between the owners, while allowing RSB on the scene, to play his own games of censorship and control freak (deleting/banning lots of old FLS members) the expected/predicted happened. The board is down and who knows for how long after the developments from last night.

It's been said, there maybe be a new board and SOME members MAY follow there...but I wouldn't bet on this for as long as the same moderator style and unlimited control is allowed.

Total net dictatorship was taking place there in recent months. People were deleted and banned left/right and centre for no reason, without giving them a chance to defend themselves. One message board is only as good as its members and is not worth anything without them.

Tents of regular, old time members were kicked of the board, or made to leave by RSB. He was told this type of behaviour (and not only) will slowly, but surely take the board down the drain.

I guess it just did....

Too bad though ... it was good board for many years, but lately was mismanaged and miss-moderated big time...It became an arena for the moderator to prove himself in life and dictate everyone else with different opinion what is black/white. The owners looked the other way and allowed uncontrolled moderator power and abuse against others.

As long as the RSB is not allowed control of the new board and kept away and his moderator style is not duplicated, the new board might have a fair chance...otherwise...oh well....nature never keeps things in vacuum...something else will take its place.

P.S. You know the golden rule for sports referees – the least the public notices them, the better they have done their job. Likewise with the moderators. Unfortunately it was not the case with the FLS board where RSB was playing THE KING and KINGMAKER. Now you see the results.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

LOL icefisherman...bite your tongue...LOL :w00t:

I had a long talk with George today. :blush: ..one sided of course...HA HA...It will be back up soon enough with George at the top of the moderator list! :thumbsup_anim:

I got banned for saying I was fishing with James Meeger.. :dunno: ...I guess that didnt go over to well with the "sister site"!. :dunno: It will all be figured out soon enough. Just takes some time. RSB and Vans are all over it as we type.

Good luck Chris! You had a great site and hope you can get it back on track!

What ever ya do Ice.. :angel: ..DON'T SAY MARCUM!....LMAOROTF

Edited by gbfisher

One message board is only as good as its members and is not worth anything without them.

Verry Verry true...

Total net dictatorship was taking place there in recent months. People were deleted and banned left/right and centre for no reason, without giving them a chance to defend themselves

Its one of the things i like about this new setup is the ability to put people on mod que for a bit rather than banning them... I wish I would have had that feature years ago...

If there is a vaccum there, there will be a new board up lickety split.. hell, even I you can put a domain name up and some new software on overnite.

Good luck to them!! It will interesting to see how all this unfolds...

I left the board about a year ago. It was going downhill so fast it wasn't funny. I used to love that site. I agree with everything icefisherman said. That site will never be good as long as a certain individual is involved. I hope it comes back up minus that person because it was a great source for info on anything Simcoe fishing related. Good luck to them sorting it out.