Awww Crap, here it comes!!!!!!!!!!!!

tjsa

Winter storm warning in effect.

Today

Day: Snow at times heavy. Amount 15 cm. Blowing snow this afternoon. Wind becoming north 30 km/h gusting to 50 early this morning. Temperature steady near minus 12.

Night: Snow at times heavy and blowing snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 26.

Monday

Periods of snow ending in the afternoon then clearing. Blowing snow in the morning. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light in the evening. High minus 17. Wind chill minus 30.

YEEHAWWWW!!!

im not sure how far north you are but in the near north area, north bay, sudbury they have had 5 or 6 rounds liek your getting already this year.

Enjoy the storm

Cheers!

yup we've had plenty of that junk already, but today and tomorrow..... RAIN !!! +2 right now callin for +6 tomorrow, gonna turn our already snow bombarded lakes into crap, gonna be a crappy ice season i think, when we do hit the lakes they're gonna be covered in slush

Temps going up overnight here to 9C by the morning...lots of rain and a trace of snow when the cold side comes through. Keep it up there!!!

Cliff................now how are you going to have that back yard skating rink in that temperature?

When we are finished with this in the next 3 days, we will send it on down to you, free of charge, :D

Yeah, those missed us. I am up in Thunder Bay. Our members in Dryden, Kenora, Red Lake, and Ft. Frances are going to get it worse than me.

Yup its just hitting us now....its minus 28C outside, wind is gusting upto 60kmh.....i think we got lucky though...cuz the snow that was forcast to be around 10-15cm in 12 hours is now only forcast for 2 cms.....PHEW!

Snow! Yuuukkk. It actually has settled a little today. We need about three days of mild to get rid of some snow.

Not the cold Tom wants to send us.

P1020336.jpg

Anybody want to come and shovel my roof? :lol:

P1020334.jpg

Think of it as extra insulation. I spent half the day yesterday raking insulation off my mom's roof. Man, is that hard on the back.

JF

Cliff................now how are you going to have that back yard skating rink in that temperature?

When we are finished with this in the next 3 days, we will send it on down to you, free of charge, :D

LOL...worked on it today...framing it....need the warm temps for that. Send the snow mid week...then the cold a few days later!!! Need the snow to level the frame and liner and cold without snow to freeze it up!

step1.jpg

LOL...worked on it today...framing it....need the warm temps for that. Send the snow mid week...then the cold a few days later!!! Need the snow to level the frame and liner and cold without snow to freeze it up!

step1.jpg

Good on ya Cliff, the snow and cold will come soon enough. I just went outside. About 2 inches so far, but with the wind and more snow falling until around midnight, I expect big drifts around my vehicles and doorstep in the morning.

Limeyangler, and the rest of the OFC guys west of me are getting the cold temps though, we are rather balmy at -17 overnight.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/...e.html#detailsf

Here in Gatineau, had another 10cm's of snow overnight..... Just got back from blowing that snow and now it's freezing rain coming down :wallbash:

It's -4C right now but their calling for a low of +3C overnight and +9C tomorrow :wacko:

Edited by Leechman

I hope it warms up QUICK Leechman.. as my wife just left Ottawa in Freezing rain and -3C.. and is headed home. It's 4C and raining here in Penetang. Hope the 2.5 feet of compacted snow slides off my shop's steel roof SOON.. before it's totally saturated and collapses it.

I hope it warms up QUICK Leechman.. as my wife just left Ottawa in Freezing rain and -3C.. and is headed home. It's 4C and raining here in Penetang. Hope the 2.5 feet of compacted snow slides off my shop's steel roof SOON.. before it's totally saturated and collapses it.

Wayne, how long of a drive is it from Ottawa to Penetang??

2.5' feet :w00t: You guys sure got more snow then we do..... I hope too that it warms up for ya

Wayne, how long of a drive is it from Ottawa to Penetang??

2.5' feet :w00t: You guys sure got more snow then we do..... I hope too that it warms up for ya

Probably gonna take her 6 hours.

Not sure how much snowfall we've got in accumulated total...but based on how many times I've plowed 6" or more..probably 8 to 10 feet by now. It's come off the roof once before already. Pool deck has over 3 feet of compacted snow on it. Yard, because the ground isn't frozen and snows melting from beneath, is still a good 2 feet deep. Our property is the highest point of land on the Penninsula of land between Penetang and Midland harbours. We are in direct line of a North wind coming across the open waters of Georgian Bay and the lake is 580 above sea level... we are 760 and it seems the cloud/squall hooks and stays here! :wallbash:

Probably gonna take her 6 hours.

Not sure how much snowfall we've got in accumulated total...but based on how many times I've plowed 6" or more..probably 8 to 10 feet by now. It's come off the roof once before already. Pool deck has over 3 feet of compacted snow on it. Yard, because the ground isn't frozen and snows melting from beneath, is still a good 2 feet deep. Our property is the highest point of land on the Penninsula of land between Penetang and Midland harbours. We are in direct line of a North wind coming across the open waters of Georgian Bay and the lake is 580 above sea level... we are 760 and it seems the cloud/squall hooks and stays here! :wallbash:

6 hours :w00t: I say that is a long time to be driving in those arsh conditions... I bet you can't wait to see her arrive.... wishing her a safe drive back home :canadian:

Thanks for the info Wayne :thumbsup_anim::canadian: