Daves on tonite!! (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

TJQ

I just wanted to remind everyone that Daves season 2 launch starts tonite tonight at 8pm on WFN and Saturday and Sunday at 9am on The Score. He is also on Sunday at 2pm on The Score for those that sleep in.

Tonight's gonna be a great show for anyone who like BIG fish...

I tell ya what.... I have an Ontario fishing touque for the first person to post the name of the fish hes fishin for after the show is done... tonight at 8:30. (Board time stamp applies... so dont be early!!)

toque.jpg

TJ,

Don't be so cheap lol! I will also be giving a prize of a full set of my baits (Rapala Mercer's Magic) which 2 of the 4 styles are sold out at BPS so this is the only place you can get the full set. All you have to do is watch the show and write a review on this site. Let us know what you think of Season 2 and we will pick a random winner.

So there are 2 ways to win. Win TJ's contest by being the first to name the fish we were after in episode 1 and win the hat.

Give us a review and win the baits!

I hope you all love tonight's show. This one was awesome to shoot.

Dave Mercer

TJ,

Don't be so cheap lol! I will also be giving a prize of a full set of my baits (Rapala Mercer's Magic) which 2 of the 4 styles are sold out at BPS so this is the only place you can get the full set. All you have to do is watch the show and write a review on this site. Let us know what you think of Season 2 and we will pick a random winner.

So there are 2 ways to win. Win TJ's contest by being the first to name the fish we were after in episode 1 and win the hat.

Give us a review and win the baits!

I hope you all love tonight's show. This one was awesome to shoot.

Dave Mercer

I have your baits and have not caught a thing on them yet.....I think I need some one on one help :Gonefishing::whistling:

This show is gonna be a killer if it's what I think it is. But since I don't get WFN, guess I won't know for sure. Good luck to all. Those baits are sweet (I even saw them catch a fish once), and who doesn't want an OFC touque!

Beat by a newbi on his first post Danbo.....that's gotta hurt ! lol

LOL!

Ah, well the kids are now in bed BUT I missed the last 1/3 of the show!

from what I did see I liked and that is one huge fish! Nice going Dave. I did like that this show was not in an exotic location either and is something that most people can afford to do.

let the bait run with the line a bit... I wish I could do that but I feel a hit and set the hook sometimes missing the fish... No wonder I didn't have a great year...

Geoff

Here's big Dan's review:

Well, with all the hype that Howie Longshot was crowing about.. I just had to tune in to the Season 2 Premier of Dave Mercer's "The Facts of Fishing Show" on WFN TV.

Son of a..gun, what a blast it was!

The Big Guy was off to the Lone Star state of Texas, USA. His mission: to catch the "Dinosaur of the South".. the Alligator Gar.

With his Guide "Mark" & trusty cameraman along for the ride, they loaded up the big barge for a run up the river.

It was mid-morn & fish could be seen surfacing & chasing Mullet.

With heavy-duty Shimano Baitcasting tackle they rigged-up. A stout 4x 3/0 Treble hook plus a strong wire leader was readied. Then a big chunk of bait was impaled, as they slowly scouted along for signs of their prehistoric quarry.

Sight-fishing is the name of the game. As the menagerie of southern wildlife was admired, the boys had a few laughs with some Thumb-wrasslin'. Nothing like a wild 'gator or loon or Turkey Vulture to add to the relaxing boat rides "atmosphere".

Soon the fish appeared & the baits were cast out. The anticipation of a hook-up was building fast!

Suddenly..the water erupted as our Host hammered the hooks home! Six feet of tail-walkin', water-thrashin Gar careened across the screen! YeeHaw & Fish on!

Like a monster Musky on Steroids..the mighty fish fought with all it's might!! I truly envied the fun those dudes were having. Finally wrestled into his arms, Dave hoisted a 100 pound creature that had him smiling so wide I thought his ears had fallen off! Lol. Them boys had as much fun as you could ever want, with all the fish they caught & lost..

Ya Baby! That's a Darn fine way to start the season brother! Now that's a wrap! Cheers, Danbo :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like Hubbard's GOT IT... PM me you mailing address and Ill get the touque out to ya. Keep the comments coming and Dave will pick a winner on Sunday after the show has been on the Score!