OK geting a little preturbbed

misfish

I dont know what to say. Myself and Remo headed out this morning, to my hunting grounds, and we had a set plan. I would do the fence line "again" he would head and sit on the stand. There are trails everywhere. I got them crossing the openings to the field. The stand and suroundings near is loaded with tracks,but yet,we see nothing. Well Remo did see the fisher again. Theres no doodoo droppings, so Im thinking they are just passer bys.

What do you deer hunters have to offer to help us out? I know thier there,just cant seem to be there when they are. :wallbash::wallbash:

First year, I have not seen them during a days hunt.

Once again,nice to have you up Remo.

Edited by misfish

Well we are finding the same scenarios with our hunt however we have 6 deer hanging and did not hunt today and will be at it again tomorrow to finish the controlled hunt. All other hunters in the area are also reporting the same.

We are actually walking by the deer as they are watching us and we then found that by stopping in the areas where they would seem to be and the deer feel then that they have been spotted and start to run out. You are actually walking by them and not knowing that you are doing that. The deer have been hunted for a bit now and they are hard to move and most of their movement is at dark. They have gone nocturnal at least the bucks have and the does with fawns are easier to spook out of an area. The last buck we got yesterday was a 10 pointer that was laying in thorn bushes and would not move until we got within 20 feet of him and then he bolted.

We are also finding their beds in the fields which explains the pressures of the coyotes moving them out of hte woods. Also the hillside allows them heat from the sun for warmth so check any hillsides and you will find them heading over the hill the minute they are threatened.

Hope this is of some help to you.

regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

Yer all abunch of smart :asshat: LOL Ya you too Raf.LOL

I dought they been spooked with all the sign we seen. If I lived right there Im sure my chances would be greater.

No other human tracks but mine and Remo,s.

Wait ,,,,,,,,,,I may have it now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Remo,change yer after shave.LOL

Thanks Sam.

Theres no real place for them to sun,but there are many bedding places for them. I thought I had them figured out the last few years,but this year, they are really screwing with me. If it was not for the lond drag back,I would head deeper into the bush where I tink they are. Not saying Im lazy,but a 2-3 mile drag would be abit much.

I wasn't being a smart ass just gave you info on what is working for us. The deer are acting like deer and whenever you are moving in the area they are aware of your presence. Anyways best of luck and I hope you are successful.

Regards,

Sam

Brian,

Do you have any deer callers? If you do, use them. I have a deer grunt gizmo and was not using it that much a couple of years back but been heavily using it this year and they're answering the calls :canadian:

Deer are curious animals and will come to investigate what you are doing

Jacques

Jacques

Heres what my morning consist of.

When Im walking to my stand or blind,I will walk,stop grunt, then continue to do so til Im at my location. I will then allow things to go quiet for an hour,then use my bleet call. First a doe,then a bit later,I will do a fawn. Almost like it,s lost or in trouble. Later on in the morning I will grunt,but not to deep of a grunt,as I want the bigger bucks to think there is a young buck trying to take over thier area.

At this time in the season i find that an aggressive rattle is the ticket. I would follow with a few grunts after a good hard 5 min session of rattling. This morning we heard several diffrent bucks grunt back to our rattling. They didn't show thier faces though. I wouldnt over call u have to make it sound realistic. I would stay away from any artificial sents like tinks and so on. At this stage in the game the bucks call tell the diffrence because they have smelt the does in full esterous. Also this late in the season i find it hard to pattern deer in the am hunts. I would try pm hunts. We just got back from the bush and i had a huge 12 pointer 30 yards away but didnt present me with a shot. He came into the rattling. He was in front of me for 15 min in the same spot gave me a lot of time to count the points. I feel your pain, thats the second big buck to hang up in range of me with no shot offering. I hear ya on the long drag. All the deer we arrowed this year we had to drag for 2kms. Make sure u spent some time in the stand in the pm I have a feeling u might get rewarded.

The last time I hunted I put some guys on spots early and then went to my watch. There was a heard of em standing there looking at me but it was way early to be shootin so I just lay on the ground. One came over and licked my face.

Naa thats not true, he just sniffed my hair. I let them go and watched one of our guys get one of them, that was his first deer on his first time out.

Jacques

Heres what my morning consist of.

When Im walking to my stand or blind,I will walk,stop grunt, then continue to do so til Im at my location. I will then allow things to go quiet for an hour,then use my bleet call. First a doe,then a bit later,I will do a fawn. Almost like it,s lost or in trouble. Later on in the morning I will grunt,but not to deep of a grunt,as I want the bigger bucks to think there is a young buck trying to take over thier area.

Brian,

Don't mix it up too much. If I were you, I'd stick with grunts. Once then 30 sec later another, wait for 15 minutes and do it again. Worked for me and I'm sure it'll work for ya

Jake

:lol: You posted when I did Sam. TY

Hi Brian,

Yes I see we posted at the same time, my apology and hope I haven't offended you. Hope you were successful today we ended up doing extremely well again this year and now we are waiting for hard water season which should be real soon. This week we are heading for freezing weather at night.

Regards,

Sam