Floatation suits !!!!

fishindevil

The logo from the web site is the Nautilus one and all the Durham stores do not have stock either. I was offered a raincheck though and told when they MIGHT get some in (well after the sale). Funny how the web price is still $279.99 though.

If anyone find one, can they confirm the brand and if they are any good? I was about to post on this but I found the hijacked thread so I figured I would just add to the hijacking... ;)

The logo from the web site is the Nautilus one and all the Durham stores do not have stock either. I was offered a raincheck though and told when they MIGHT get some in (well after the sale). Funny how the web price is still $279.99 though.

If anyone find one, can they confirm the brand and if they are any good? I was about to post on this but I found the hijacked thread so I figured I would just add to the hijacking... ;)

Go to a Canadian Tire. Ask the clerk to look the item up in their huge marketing binder.....all details will be in there.

forrest

This is my float suit, branded Nautilus 1000.

CMS_6-124-image1.jpg

By the description on the Helly page, they are identical, apart from some colouring on cuffs and other badging.

I fully recommend this suit or one like it. It's warm, soft, protective, roomy, well engineered, life supporting, fully approved, and with a touch of neoprene.

Just like SWMBO (She Who Bust Be Obeyed).

Oh yeah, the best part is that it has suspenders built in, so that the suit hangs off the straps instead of strangling your neck.

Edited by douG

My brother went to the store near his place and found out the floatation suit was NOT a brand named item and although it was Transport Canada approved, it didn't have any indication that it was Canadian Coast Guard Approved. There was no reflective strips on the suits either. I told him I'd take a pass on the item, I've got my Mustang Floatation suit that still fits (as of spring anyways).

My store finally got them in...but they were definately NOT the Nautilus suits I was expecting...the were an all red suit with a it of grey, branded the name "Keep A Float". Needless to say I was not impressed...so I went out & bought the Helly Hanson Delta one piece suit instead!

thanks for the replies folks. I guess the helly hansen one for $229 at Tromblys is a good deal then. Luckly my bro-in-law is around the same build as me so I can get him to go try it on and get it for me if they are the best price.