My Other Hobby

Greencoachdog

Great looking job GCD. Given 3-4 years to grow in sufficiently and it will look stunning.

Of course you do realize you broke the unwritten law of landscaping(who cares) :lol: Planting in 3's.

Rules were meant to be broken. :thumbsup_anim:

Actually, it's in 4's... but I don't plant by 3's or 4's.

I plant by dimensioned spacing taking into consideration the size of the plant when full grown and the given area I have to work with.

... call me "old fashioned". ;)

BUSTER Posted Today, 11:02 AM

looks very nice , on a side note was the grass hard to grow in that spot or didnt grow at all? may be a reason for that and i have found

small gas leaks on the gas pipe IF you have natural gas in the front Blvd, small leaks that go undetected usually dry up the soil to the point

that nothing will go there, just thought i'd mention that, now if you dont have a gas pipe and the grass not growing in that spot wasnt the problem. please disregard...and very nice property!

No natural gas lines here in the cowntry, we have to have propane tanks for our gas needs.

Nothing would grow there because the ground was so hard and sloped, all the rain would run right off.

Thanks for the kind words y'all!!! :thumbsup_anim:

... and for those that weren't so kind........... :asshat: kiss it!!!

;)

Good stuff Senator! Can we please have an aerial shot of that? I just want to know what you're trying to spell on your lawn.

Well done Glen :thumbsup_anim:

Roy he may have tried to spell OFC but got cornfused

Actually, it doesn't spell anything... it's a scalloped rectangle with it's sticker pecking out! :blush:

But nice job Glen I take it you are an avid supporter of the NRA? and where's the fish pond??

Close but no cigar!... I'm an avid supporter of the NHRA!, the fish pond is down the road aboot 10 miles.

Dang it Glen......that is one fine landscaping job you did there!!! :thumbsup_anim: It feels good when you accomplish something like that doesn't it?...

That is ONE nice looking neighbourhood you live in....gotta love all the space and room between the other homes....just outa curiousity, what's the average size of most lots down there??

yeah, they built all those nice houses around my "house on wheels"... makes it look crappier than it really should, that's why I gotta work in the yard all the time!!! :angry:

Those lots are 1 acre lots = 43,560 square feet... aboot 43,000 more square feet than you want cut grass on, on a 100*F summer day!!!

Different developments have different size lots, but most around here are 1/2-1 acre.

Nice job Glenn. I'm impressed with your garden tiller. I'd have one just like it, but need to get between my corn rows. Next spring bless us with photos of your Bonnie Plants as they develop and produce. You and I are probably the only true vegetarians on the board as we grow our own vegetables.