Trib Fishing Home Run

solopaddler

Another short but sweet report. (my body is fading fast :D )

Fished today with my friend Paul (Paulus on the board). We've been steelheading together for years but rarely get out together anymore because of distance and family obligations.

What a blast we had today putting a lot of miles on the truck in search of fish!

While we didn't set the world on fire anywhere we did manage to scratch out a few fish at each location.

First trib:

LateNov2008001.jpg

LateNov2008006.jpg

Paul used the "low down and dirty" technique to put this nice little fish on the bank:

LateNov2008002.jpg

LateNov2008003.jpg

LateNov2008005.jpg

I managed to get in the act :) :

LateNov2008008.jpg

LateNov2008009.jpg

Things were surprisingly slow so it was off to trib #2

Upon arrival I tied on a white jig and managed to subdue this brute of a male brown!

LateNov2008012.jpg

That was it for me, but no complaints. Paul hit a couple of fish but those shots are on his camera...

Trib #3 should be easily recognizable :) .

Time was getting short when we arrived with only maybe an hour of light left..

Still we managed a few.

Paul got in the act first with a couple of brownies:

LateNov2008014.jpg

LateNov2008015.jpg

LateNov2008021.jpg

Then it was my turn:

LateNov2008018.jpg

LateNov2008017.jpg

It was a pretty decent day and as always a lot of fun with Paul.

'Till next time bud!

Cheers, Mike

awesome pics and report Mike :thumbsup_anim: ... Looking at the first picture, I don't think I could fish there..more like just stare at those huge falls with a chub , LOL !! so amazing !!!!... No idea you could fish that stretch of the _ _ _ _ _ _..... the ditches are killing me, I need to get out west more -_-

Edited by JDMLS

Wow, Solo, you're fast!

I might as well follow suit & offer my contribution for today :thumbsup_anim:

As the Solo man stated, things were surprisingly slow for us at trib #1. Although some anglers seemed to be doing ok, there were far fewer fresh fish (say that 4 times fast...) than we expected. Most of the fish that we saw caught had been in the river at least a couple of days, and the "low and dirty" one I caught has been there much longer than that.

For me, it was still worth the day off work, for the very good reason that Solo mentions: we don't get out that often anymore. We laughed most of the day, caught up with eachother and as usual had a great time.

Finally, because we worked strategically closer to home, trib 3 obviously being the closest for both of us, both daddies were home in time to spend time with our "family obligations" before these where bathed and whisked off to bed :clapping:

Anyhow, without further ado:

trib #1

PICT0003-1.jpg

Solo's fish at trib #1

PICT0005b.jpg

trib #2

Solopaddler himself in an epic battle with that large brown trout...

PICT0010.jpg

Show-off shot of the victorious result...

PICT0013c.jpg

Pic of one of mine from the same trib ....

PICT0009b.jpg

Solo didn't brag that we were essentially the only ones catching fish, when we arrived at this trib. But that changed once the other guys saw the jigs :) ... so it turned out to be a community effort.

trib #3

One of the ones I caught. In fact my final fish of the day.

PICT0021b.jpg

And something she dropped....

PICT0022.jpg

Thanks again for another great day, Mike. And thanks for doing all the driving, as usual. Next time, it's my turn to drive... see you in.... April ??? :whistling:

p.-