Bass Pro website does not care about Canada -rant

forrest

Sign up to receive the Bass Pro email specials and receive $15 of $75 on your first order' Great.

1) The website would not take my .CA email addy

2) So I called up and they said they would take care of it and get me the 15 off 75 offer

3) A couple of weeks I get the account. Hurrah!

4) Go to place my order on the web and it wants a key code...whats that? I did not get one when I signed up

5) Attempted to email customer service via the website.....kept failing...no error. My educated guess is that its the .CA address

6) Call customer service.....they have to get back to me.

7) get an email saying they will honor the $15 of $75 or the current $20 off $100 promo...."just call us"

8) update my order and call.....2 of the items that were available have since gone out of stock and cannot be put on backorder and my order cannot be held. I decide to wait.

9) CDN dollar tanks another 7 cents

10) items are in stock and I call and tell them about $20 off $100 and give my CC info

11) they tell me shipping is $20...but the website says $13......they send a note to customer service

12) I call 10 minutes later and ask for 'keycode" so I can forget about the customer service hassle and order on web

13) they tell me that customer service has to do that and they are closed.....and my original phone order did not get the $20 off either!

14) I have had enough and cancel the order.

If I lived in the US I would not have gotten ANY of this hassle.

Its to bad for me too...a couple of the items are not available around here (not even at Bass Pro Vaughn) and the rest will cost me a bit more.

Last time I shopped in the store some clerk took my cart full of purchases + my new, already paid for $130 reel because I let it sit for 1 minute. Now this Internet hassle. I think I am going to forget about Bass Pro because Bass Pro has forgotten about me.

forrest

Edited by forrest

My local shop is Ganon's...its always pay an extra 20% sale there. Tightline in good for a good selection of salmon stuff.

I have spent several hundred dollars at Lebaron's this year. Problem is that they are pretty far.

I have my own domain and like my .CA address. Why would I want to create and check a .com address just for Bass Pro? Every other website I know takes .ca addresses and works with them properly.....so..... Whats the cheese for?

forrest

Edited by forrest

We Americans like to call that "Sport" forrest. ;)

Cabelas has the same promotions I believe, give them a try I'm sure you'll be much happier! :thumbsup_anim:

I keep my orders with Basspro to a minimum because they use the USPS are their primary shipping carrier and it takes twice as long as Cabelas.

BPS' expedited carrier is Fedex and they can't find my house!!!

Edited by GCD

Good whine should always be accompanied by good cheese !! I've never had an issue with either BPS or Cabelas using my .on.ca domain email address.

Thanks for the cheese.....I did not have any....hey I did say "rant"

maybe it is some other filter that is rejecting my email......the website does not give me an error code and I tried on different days.

I have tried with the old website and the new.......try using the website form to contact customer service. I am in IT and did not imagine the issues, its no excuse for the other hassles though.

forrest

Edited by forrest

Well Forest... I just had a good chat with Debbie in Customer service at BPS on their on-line customer service chat... using my .on.ca domain email with no issues. Instant response and correspondence.

Also just get an email, with a password, that they have created an account for me for future correspondence.

Edited by irishfield

Well Forest... I just had a good chat with Debbie in Customer service at BPS on their on-line customer service chat... using my .on.ca domain email with no issues. Instant response and correspondence.

Also just get an email, with a password, that they have created an account for me for future correspondence.

When I called today I was told customer service is closed until Monday (twice). So maybe you talked to a different department.

Did you try this link to email customer service? This is the one that keeps asking me to create an account even though I have entered my user account details:

https://basspro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/basspr...TSERV_CONTACTUS

forrest

Their Chat live-assistance customer support states Monday to Sunday 8am to 8PM

Well there lies part of the problem......Bass Pro's left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Add a #15 to my rant. :blahblah1:

Maybe irishfield gets good service because the girls there like his sexy tights. :P

forrest

Good whine should always be accompanied by good cheese !! I've never had an issue with either BPS or Cabelas using my .on.ca domain email address.

So you are saying you get the free shipping deals available only in the U.S. and the percentage off deals too. YOU REALLY are superman then. I get the special offer emails all the time from both BPS and Cabelas but can never get the deals at checkout because I live in Canada. So I order from Lebarons and save the PST...

I'm really all not that eager for any of Irishfields stink cheese here but having said that, how hard would it be to have a Canadian version of the site? When you consider how many people shop at the Vaughn location you'd think it reasonable to have a website that accurately reflects what the prices are. You are really in for a shock on your first visit if you think prices even remotely resemble a straight conversion.

Hmmmmm 300+ million versus 35 million.... I think the answer is obvious...

PS... the smellier the cheese..... the better!.... now add a bit of beach road kielbasa and we are talking lunch!

G.

Edited by Gerritt

I'm really all not that eager for any of Irishfields stink cheese here but having said that, how hard would it be to have a Canadian version of the site? When you consider how many people shop at the Vaughn location you'd think it reasonable to have a website that accurately reflects what the prices are. You are really in for a shock on your first visit if you think prices even remotely resemble a straight conversion.

I agree they could have a Canadian only site, but, that is a business decision. I think there are some business or legal reasons for not be set up for Canada because Newegg.com took quite a while to get their Newegg.ca site setup. Now that they do its great, they still ship from the US via UPS and they do not get tagged with brokerage fees. I ordered on Sunday and received my items on Wednesday. I got the items that I could not find locally (checked 9 stores in Whitby and Toronto), I got them cheaper and fast.

The Bass Pro website is run a bit of a strange setup. There are a few other things they could do first; They could tell customers what stock levels are in the stores (lIke CTC), allow Canadian backorders, allow for .CA addresses. These things cost money, some let out information about stock levels. I guess the bottom line is that they think it is not good business. Maybe someone else will and then do it.

forrest