Garage Door Issues... (NF)

Gerritt

Kinda stumped here guys and could use a bit of advice..

in the last little bit the automatic garage door has been acting up...

Sometimes it will open.. other time open a bit, and other times halfway.... then it jerks to a stop..

if I pull the red rope.. it opens without a hiccup.. put it under load again and it starts to act erratic again...

I picked up some garage door lube and sprayed the pulley assembly on the door, the wheels and the track the "scuttle?" travels along...

same issue...

it has worked flawlessly in the past..

does anyone have any ideas of things I am missing? is it time for a new one??

G

Gerritt

There are usually adjustment screws on the powerhead that you can adjust the up/down pressure. Maybe with time and temp change you just need to adjust these settings a little

Good luck

Cheers

Craig

What he said, sometimes there are travel limiters that are out of adjustment as well, but most likely the pressure adjustments are the culprit.

Kinda stumped here guys and could use a bit of advice..

in the last little bit the automatic garage door has been acting up...

Sometimes it will open.. other time open a bit, and other times halfway.... then it jerks to a stop..

if I pull the red rope.. it opens without a hiccup.. put it under load again and it starts to act erratic again...

I picked up some garage door lube and sprayed the pulley assembly on the door, the wheels and the track the "scuttle?" travels along...

same issue...

it has worked flawlessly in the past..

does anyone have any ideas of things I am missing? is it time for a new one??

G

I had some issues like that with mine. Turned out the track had somehow become bent about 2 feet off the garage floor and it was just enuf for the safety feature to stop it. As soon as I bent the track back somewhere near straight it was fine.

JF

I install garage doors for a living... Its either as simple as the pressure setting like others have said or it could be the mother board starting to fail. If its 15+ years old.. its due for a changing.

Home depot or crappy tire usually have deals on electric operators. Do yourself a favour and do not purchase a screw drive operator.

Gerritt, still have the original garage door opener in my home after 18 years. Original garage door was some kind of fiber board material, painted it a couple of times but it still held moisture making it heavier. Adjusted the up-down tension a couple of times also.

Had to replace the plastic gear set inside a couple of times due to breakage from strain. My wife fixed the problem, hit the garage door with her van and I replaced it with a painted steel one.