Deeply Hooked Fish

Greencoachdog

Not everyone is familiar with this method, but it is the best way to remove the hook from a fishes gullet! I stumbled on this method as a kid fishing for Bluegills and have used it my whole life. It's not just for baithooks, it works with lures and treble hooks too.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine/artic...oval/index.html

Great link GCD. I am going to try that too.

There is still the common myths that fish hooks will dissolve from stomach acids and leave the fish OK or rust out. Both of those things are false, often fish are released to experience a slow and painful death.

forrest

hey pretty cool

when I was a kid I always thought the technique was to take the sunfish, put on the ground, step on it's head and yoink the hook out :o:lol: Then you could take a knife, cut it up into strips, use that for bait when you ran out of worms and rocks to turn over, cast your bobber back out there, and repeat the process :o:Gonefishing:

All kiddin aside, I have used that trick in the article before with bass, works pretty good, thanks for sharing the link :Gonefishing:

The biggest improvement has been the increased use of "barb-less" hooks. With out a barb the hook is nothing more then a curved needle and will slide out of flesh very easily. Good for fish and fisherman when it comes to hook removing.. :whistling: