Floater suit

Cudz

Definately get a one piece, they are much warmer and provide more security than the two piece suits if you should go in the drink.

Also buy a size large enough to fit lots of layers underneath and to allow for unrestricted movement.

I bought a Bouy-O-Bouy (Nautilus) one piece, made in Canada too. Just the basic model, bought at Burns in Aldershot, it was around $200. The more deluxe models have fleece or neoprene cuffs and neck, better pockets etc.

Burt :)

The more deluxe models have fleece or neoprene cuffs and neck, better pockets etc.

Worth the money.

I bought the firsts ones that came out,pro 2000,awesome suit. Not sure what they cost now.

As for the layers thing,well,if your walking the layers could make you a bit hot,makes for sweating and then when you get to your spot,you,ll get colder faster then if you were sledding or ATV,n ,then the more the better as you wont be working out.

Edited by misfish

I just picked up a used Mustang classic one piece suit. There are a few things I noticed:

1) For rain get one that can keep the contents relatively dry. Mine has exposed zippers and my wallet ended up being soaked while the rest of me was pretty dry.

2) The suit alone is not enough to keep you warm size it while wearing a sweater and jacket.

3) I am told that they are not rainwear but I got poured for a couple of hours on and I stayed dry. The suit was damp inside at the end of the day but I think that was mostly from me sweating.

forrest

I have a 2 piece survival suit- Mustang. The 2 piece allows a little more flex when bending over. It is also easier to cool down in the 2 piece when you get hot. As for warmth, WOW! I don't need layers. The inside of the suit is soaked by the end of the day. My son has the floatation coat and he needs to wear layers as they do not have the same degree of insulation.