Hunting Season - Big Game - NF

Leecher

Would like to dedicate this thread to the successfull hunters out there and since the riffle season in QC is over I'll start with mine :thumbsup_anim: Been an awesome week up at deer camp and will not soon forget :canadian:

Hope others will follow, shot an 8 point buck, 200lbs, shot at 10:15am on the grunt call, 14 1/4" appart from the main beam Truly a buck of a life time for me. Here is the pic:

IMGP1648.jpg

Please add your pics, want to see them :thumbsup_anim:

Congratulations to everyone :thumbsup_anim:

You can always check my report

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry265728

Jacques aka leechman

Edited by Leechman

congrat's on a great lookin' buck . he's a dandy! lots for the freezer this winter and a nice rack for the wall to quiet all disbelievers.

where's that fryin' pan ? who's cuttin' the onions?

got this nice young doe on fri. , the 7th just before dusk . now that the freezer is looked after , i'm goin' to try rattlin'up your bucks look-a-like. the big lads should be a liitle preoccupied these days . love huntin' these cold snow-covered days. just can't decide on which route to take depending on how cold it gets,, compound or crossbow. figure that out friday night i guess .

congrat's again!!

duncs_doe.jpg

My hunting season has come to an end. Started with some bear hunting. Man was there a lot of bears.(and wolves too) I took the eleventh one i saw, approx, 250lbs sow.

Grouse hunting was unbelievable this year as well. They must of had a double hatch this spring as a lot of the bird we seen were small and didn't even have tail feathers.

Moose hunting we didn't have any tags. We did manage to see 4 cows and a massive bull. There were alot of ppl hunting in the same area as us and all those who had tags, filled them out in no time. Not one calf was seen by anyone I spoke to. Not surprised with all the bears and wolves seen. But let the mnr keep telling you that these animals are not a problem in the north.

Deer hunting was our best season yet. We were 5 guys (not all hunting at the same time). We filled all our tags with plenty of time to spare. Best we'd ever done previously was 3.Some years we considered ourselves lucky to even see a deer. We got 2 does, a 10pt. an 8pt. and a 5pt. We seen quite a few more. First morning in my stand a nice cow with twin calves walked right by me. Got a surprisingly good video with my digi cam.

Can't wait till next year. Thinkin of buying a crossbow so i can have more time out there.

My group did ok... Deer numbers are way down accross the area(hunt in 56). We managed 3 bucks. All young ones. My 8pointer was the biggest of the week. Very few compared to other year.

Congratulation cityfisher on your 8pointer :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

I know what you mean about deer numbers way down.... in my area, 40% less this year compared to last year :w00t:

Again great job you guys :canadian::thumbsup_anim:

My hunting season has come to an end. Started with some bear hunting. Man was there a lot of bears.(and wolves too) I took the eleventh one i saw, approx, 250lbs sow.

Grouse hunting was unbelievable this year as well. They must of had a double hatch this spring as a lot of the bird we seen were small and didn't even have tail feathers.

Moose hunting we didn't have any tags. We did manage to see 4 cows and a massive bull. There were alot of ppl hunting in the same area as us and all those who had tags, filled them out in no time. Not one calf was seen by anyone I spoke to. Not surprised with all the bears and wolves seen. But let the mnr keep telling you that these animals are not a problem in the north.

Deer hunting was our best season yet. We were 5 guys (not all hunting at the same time). We filled all our tags with plenty of time to spare. Best we'd ever done previously was 3.Some years we considered ourselves lucky to even see a deer. We got 2 does, a 10pt. an 8pt. and a 5pt. We seen quite a few more. First morning in my stand a nice cow with twin calves walked right by me. Got a surprisingly good video with my digi cam.

Can't wait till next year. Thinkin of buying a crossbow so i can have more time out there.

Congratulation to all of you walleyejigger :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Quite an impressive season you had and looks like you guys had a blast :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing

Tough 1st week for rifle hunt this year at our camp in WMU 49 (Dunchurch area). The start of the week was hot (dogging in a T-shirt) and then the last part of the week was better as the animals started moving. A couple of the boys got shooting early in the week but had nothing to show for their efforts. We usually have better luck dogging/pushing then we do sitting but not this year as all our deer were taken sitting in ladder stands/climbers. Then on the Wednesday I shot a big doe and got some meat on the pole. The whole week I saw lots of moose and had a real close encounter with a bull at about 10 yards while doing a push :w00t: . Also saw a decent bear but a good shot never presented itself, so the furry fellow then disappeared over a ridge.

Then on the Saturday I saw a doe approaching my stand coming up from a dry marsh but she was looking over her shoulder periodically. About 30 seconds later I see Mr. Buck appear in some thick stuff about 75 yards from where in sitting in the ladder stand. So I let him have it with the Tikka Whitetail 30/06 right in the boiler room, lights out. The doe took off like a rocket no chance in harvesting her. Not a huge deer like other years, decent size body but a 5 pointer and some more meat for the freezer. Great friendship, food, conversation, stories/lies retold, many beers and rye's and laughs all make me proud to be a hunter.

Now I can concentrate back home here for a trophy with the bow and the controlled hunt in 2 weeks. I was out last week and saw 2 nice bucks I hoping to meet up with now that the snow is here. I have had great success in December locally with bigger quality deer.

Dunchurch_Buck_2.jpg

Edited by huskymusky

For all you guys talking about deer numbers being down, I know where they went.... they are all in Dryden Ontario! Seriously, there are deer everywhere up here (WMU 8).

I shot this 6pt last week. My first deer ever so I couldn't be happier. Hope to fill my doe tag soon.

DSC01430.jpg

Congratulation on your first BenBeattie :clapping: That's a real nice buck :thumbsup_anim:

Good luck on filling your doe tag and thanks for sharing

Tough 1st week for rifle hunt this year at our camp in WMU 49 (Dunchurch area). The start of the week was hot (dogging in a T-shirt) and then the last part of the week was better as the animals started moving. A couple of the boys got shooting early in the week but had nothing to show for their efforts. We usually have better luck dogging/pushing then we do sitting but not this year as all our deer were taken sitting in ladder stands/climbers. Then on the Wednesday I shot a big doe and got some meat on the pole. The whole week I saw lots of moose and had a real close encounter with a bull at about 10 yards while doing a push :w00t: . Also saw a decent bear but a good shot never presented itself, so the furry fellow then disappeared over a ridge.

Then on the Saturday I saw a doe approaching my stand coming up from a dry marsh but she was looking over her shoulder periodically. About 30 seconds later I see Mr. Buck appear in some thick stuff about 75 yards from where in sitting in the ladder stand. So I let him have it with the Tikka Whitetail 30/06 right in the boiler room, lights out. The doe took off like a rocket no chance in harvesting her. Not a huge deer like other years, decent size body but a 5 pointer and some more meat for the freezer. Great friendship, food, conversation, stories/lies retold, many beers and rye's and laughs all make me proud to be a hunter.

Now I can concentrate back home here for a trophy with the bow and the controlled hunt in 2 weeks. I was out last week and saw 2 nice bucks I hoping to meet up with now that the snow is here. I have had great success in December locally with bigger quality deer.

Congratulation huskymusky :clapping: real beautiful buck :thumbsup_anim: was kind of warm in the afternoons where I was and didn't need the warm clothing.... one afternoon in the tree stand was walking around in my socks.

Again great buck, wish you good luck for December and thanks for sharing

alright, so when is the big cook out guys and gals, I got some fish in the freezer ,we could have us a good ole fashioned Canadian version of surf and turf :thumbsup_anim:

great pics folks, thanks for sharing some of the reports and adventures, glad to see so many have a sfe and successful season out there :)

Some impressive looking bucks there guys ...

Congrats to all :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Paul :canadian::thumbsup_anim: impressive indeed B)

alright, so when is the big cook out guys and gals, I got some fish in the freezer ,we could have us a good ole fashioned Canadian version of surf and turf :thumbsup_anim:

great pics folks, thanks for sharing some of the reports and adventures, glad to see so many have a sfe and successful season out there :)

Thanks jwl :canadian::thumbsup_anim: great adventures for sure :thumbsup_anim:

Tough 1st week for rifle hunt this year at our camp in WMU 49 (Dunchurch area)

We were there aswell. Maple island.

Lots of dogging. no shooting,well.................Never mind about that.

Congrats on yer kill.

It was a warm opener.

Now I can concentrate back home here for a trophy with the bow

Thats my positive thinking aswell.

Good luck to you.

thanks to leechman for posting a great idea in seeing others good fortune so far. i'm heading out this weekend , to hopefully, fill my bow tag [either sex] . seeing those pic's of some great bucks puts some spring in my step the closer saturday comes . conditions are perfect for a fantastic hunt. if you're getting out this weekend guys & gals good luck , post your hunt .

thanks to leechman for posting a great idea in seeing others good fortune so far. i'm heading out this weekend , to hopefully, fill my bow tag [either sex] . seeing those pic's of some great bucks puts some spring in my step the closer saturday comes . conditions are perfect for a fantastic hunt. if you're getting out this weekend guys & gals good luck , post your hunt .

Thanks waterwolf and good luck to ya this weekend :canadian: I'll keep an eye out for your report :thumbsup_anim:

Been a good year so far for our group. 1 bull elk, 3 bull moose, 1 cow moose and a 4x4 whitetail. This weekend deer (both whitetails and mulies) are on the agenda.

This is moi with my bull moose shot Nov 8, 2008. 442 lasered yards, broadside, one shot thru the heart with my 300 Weatherby.

IMG_0262.jpg

Nathan, friends boy with his first ever bull moose.

IMG_0258.jpg

Couple of yotes have also fallen victim. First one with my 300, second one was with my 22-250.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Edited by JohnAB