Can anyone help ID year of my 9.9 Yamaha

holdfast

I don't have a serial number consequently I have no clue of Model and year in order to get parts. I may need an impeller soon. Prety bad when a mechanic cant figure it out but thats my dilema. Its 9.9 and no numbers outside. Inside the cover only is the # ........PC 32BPH

PB100053.jpg

or the front

PB100052.jpg

On top of the Flywheel is the #....... 68271

PB100054.jpg

Spark plug wire.......... TDT-132

On the Carb..... Japan TK Carburettor CO LTD

PB100056.jpg

PB100054.jpg

And on the gear shift side stamped inside below the engine........ 63201

Y-2 stamped

PB100059.jpg

PB100058.jpg

I would appreciate any input

Okay, I'll take a stab at it, a lot of motors will use the same parts like impellers for quite a number of years, some like Merc, Mariner and Yamaha also use the same part albeit a different part number. Your best bet is to take the lower unit off, it's not hard. Usually there are 4-5 bolt heads under the cavitation plate right above the prop, undo those. Under the motor cover, check on the side where the shifter linkage is, you should be able to undo it, sometimes nothing more than a cotter pin through the shifter to the rod that goes down to the lower unit. Undo that too. With the lower unit bolts out, the whole lower unit with prop attached slides down, (it may need a bit of persuasion from a rubber hammer). Once you have that out, there are two rods, one is the shift rod, the other is the driveshaft, the impeller is located under the cover where the larger main driveshaft goes into the top of the lower unit. Remove nuts or screws, take off the cover...now pay attention which way the impellor comes out(it's the 6 or 8 fingered rubber octopus thingy). Take that to the dealer, and get a new one. On installing add a bit of vaseline to make it slide in easier. Replace cover over impeller. Now when replacing the lower unit into the leg under the motor, make darn sure you line up the water pipe from the impeller to the motor, otherwise there's no water geting to the motor for cooling. If your mechanic can't help you with this, well, time for a new mechanic. Good luck, need more help, ask. And Bobby...use a small rubber hammer. :rolleyes: