OFN Quinte G2G Nov 14-16

tschirk

Ok now I'm pumped! Looking forward to seeing the group next weekend.

I'm bringing inline planer boards, rapala deep diving lures (Jumala's where out of stock).

What else do you think will work & where? e.g. live bait, Hay Bay

I like east of ferry (2 line per person) & N.E. of cement plant. But I have not really tried anywhere else, where do you think is worth trying?

What do techniques should we try?

Logistics:

Things I'll bring:

small portable Coleman Stove/BBQ

Stuff for fish fry (wishful thinking!)

outdoor canopy

tunes!

Playing Cards for Euchre & Chips for poker

Is there a fire pit?

Should we try for a pot luck on Saturday night?

What about a pool for largest/most walleye?

Cheers!

Ted

Learn to ZIG, when everyone else is ZAGGING!

If'n yer not getting bit with the trolling that everyone else is doing, remember to position yer boat over them large hooks and drop some large spoons over the side and using the electronics try and get the lure in their faces with a lift drop motion. ;)

Oh and DANG... Headhunter wanted us to drop by for a visit... you gonna have some Rum too ?? :D Dano can drive us back to Napanee......

Hey Wayne, I'll try to find the number of the local Picton taxi co. that we used last week to transport us in and out of town.... :thumbsup_anim:

Price was reasonable...my buddy didn't care too much for the driver, but I thought she was ok, besides having no teeth, wearing an old leather Davey Crocket jacket with frills, smelled like an ashtray and drove 100km in a 50km zone through the outskirts of town :whistling:

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

Only tip i have for all is stay away from boats. this has been the hardest year i have had in 15 years. Fish are very spooky and are moving fast when lots of boats are around. try and find water that looks like boats have not been or atleast very few.Look for fish in the upper 20 feet they are the active fish. Fish are all over just have to find active ones that are not spooked. To many people see a net in the water and start to troll that way. The only thing that does is push the fish around. If you find a good school of fish work it once or twice troll away and come back to them later and you will get then to hit again. Its hard with so many boats but if you try that you will have a better day. Just because some people are catching on one bait stick to your pattern that you set out with and if its not working then switch over. I have taken fish on almost every color and size of bait this year with very litte pattern. Mix up your leads and size of baits and try and get a pattern that works for you. Most important if your planning on letting fish go try and stay above 30feet. any deeper and its a 1 in 10 chance the fish will live. Hope this helps you and any others. Ill be on the water this weekend and have my radio on scan. will try and help people out if i can. try 69 ill leave that open for a help channel. I will be up front and say i dont talk alot on the radio do to lots of people listening and makes it hard to move around when you have alot of boats on top of you. I will be stopping by perfect veiw with wayne and the boys so any wanting any tips or help with set ups i would be more then happy to help you out. Good fishing and and play safe. opp and co will be out this weekend im sure so watch the brown pops for those that enjoy one or two out on the water.

I read that torpedo divers where working. Any comments? Could you run them behind an inline planner board?

No problem running them behind inline planer boards. Go to the website and print off the charts according to the speed you like to fish as speed has a really big impact on depth. http://www.torpedodivers.com/charts.asp

Hope that helps!

Lloyd:

Thank you so very much for the great info! I just makes sense. I have VHF so I look forward to chatting on the water and seeing you & the boys back at camp. I owe you a beer (or 3).

Have a great week!

Cheers,

Ted & the Gadget

Oh and DANG... Headhunter wanted us to drop by for a visit... you gonna have some Rum too ?? :D Dano can drive us back to Napanee......

Ha ha, I'll fly ya!

What you got to do is put on a deep diving reef runner in the cheap sunglasses colour off of a planer board, plug in a ZZ Top best of compilation and hang on!

That of course is secondary to seeing all my friends from OFC once again.

Edited by Dano

Dano, everyone knows, ok FishnSled knows that AC/DC Highway to Hell will make 'em jump in the boat! LOL

Excellent advice re locating active fish... another suggestion would be for those who's finders also have a side view, use it! Those active fish as Lloyd indicated are in the top section of the water and therefore most likely to flair away from a boat.

Two more sleeps! (Till no sleep!LMAO)

HH