Lowrance Fans Check It Out

mbac31

WOW...thats amazing technology thats for sure,man i better start saving up for a new graph in the spring !!!! thanks for sharing that link,i already heard through a local tackle shop that lowrance was comming out with some top secret stuff,and now i know what that is....it looks like humminbird,will have to be back to the drawing board,they are always so far ahead of the competion...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

LOL Dave... just remember the 113 is not better than the 112 for use in Canada. The 113 just has more built in mapping of USA lakes than the 112.

As for the new one Smalliefisher... where does it stop! LOL

The fish finder part looks neat...but unless someone does some more hydrographic surveys of our Canadian lakes the mapping part is as good as it's going to get already. There are so many errors in the existing charting that it's pointless to upgrade at this point in time if you already have mapping on your unit. Dozen's of depth errors in yesterday's muskie troll alone...with places shown as 20 FOW actually 80 FOW...a few unmarked shoals in the middle of open water....etc

Yeah. Takes a while to figure those mistakes out on all the lakes. Just make your own with Map Create software. Takes a long time though. The new ones will be out for this year for great lakes regions so we will be ablt to get that type of Definition. Cant wait.

That broadband adapter looks sweet, for $700cnd though ? it will be $300 in 2 years, damn inflation on new technology.

with places shown as 20 FOW actually 80 FOW...a few unmarked shoals in the middle of open water....etc

Yep, too many to count even with the best chip, gps is just a start point than it's all sonar, I just mark way-points all along the actual break lines of good musky trolls and go by that. This is why the 3D underwater views don't work either because they just follow the GPS contours and they aren't even close most times, I don't even turn the 3D on ever it's useless.

Edited by GbayGiant

That broadband adapter looks sweet, for $700cnd though ? it will be $300 in 2 years, damn inflation on new technology.

Yep, too many to count even with the best chip, gps is just a start point than it's all sonar, I just mark way-points all along the actual break lines of good musky trolls and go by that. This is why the 3D underwater views don't work either because they just follow the GPS contours and they aren't even close most times, I don't even turn the 3D on ever it's useless.

I think the new machines include broadband. I could be wrong though, I was once before..........June 10th 1979 I think. :whistling::rolleyes::lol:

I guess we'll know for sure in about 10 days.

Edited by DRIFTER_016