Karma on the Grand

joonmoon

Launched at the dockless Port Maitland ramp on the Grand River at Lake Eries' doorstep, needed to burn some gas so my better half and I trolled upstream to the dam. Once into the "S" bend we noticed a boat waving red flags in distress. Reeled up and headed to see what help we could provide. As we approached the two gentlemen I noticed the depthfinder rising drastically and found what their problem was. Stuck in the mud and stuck good too. Several failed attempts to tow them from the ooze and we decided to abandon their craft and give them a ride back to Fishmasters marina where they launched from. Given some advice from Steve and they were on their way. We on the other hand had come to fish and after picking up a doz minnows did just that.

Headed to the dam set up and lost the first three good bites we had but my wife started the ball rolling and landed the biggun of the day. :clapping:

100_0216.jpg

I followed with my largest of the two I hooked and landed.

100_0211.jpg

100_0213.jpg

So an hour or so in at the dam and we had lost several good fish, landed some real beauties and we are now down to the last minnow. I offered it to her hook and opted for a 3" green yum grub. First cast and half way back to the boat a huge thump, I set the hook and at the same time a very large fish swirls at boatside. It jumps straight up spits my grub and lands in the back of the boat flopping around on the floor. It freaked the two of us out and with hysterical laughing I grab it and release it into the livewell.

100_0206.jpg

What a blast, you don't have to beleive it and I know it sounds awefully far fetched but my wife and had thought it was karma paying us back for helping the gentlemen who had run their craft into a mudbar and were stranded for who knows how long if it weren't for us coming along.

100_0208-1.jpg

What a day and a great way to end the boating season as we winterize and store the "AUGUSTAWINDAGIN" this week. Now we can only walk and wade the river and dream of what 09 will bring. B)

Dinner for two...

100_0217.jpg