Did you ever get a song stuck in your head?

Daplumma

....Ah yes I am familiar with that tune. Have you ever heard the origional version Joe. It was by Trent Reznor (sp?) of Nine Inch Nails fame. I like both versions. :)

Ya, I have the original one. I like them both too. Great song.

Joey

....Ah yes I am familiar with that tune. Have you ever heard the origional version Joe. It was by Trent Reznor (sp?) of Nine Inch Nails fame. I like both versions. :)

Oh yeah..Johnny brings the lyrics home in his version...Still have a hard time watchin him sing.I grew up with his songs.He died inside when June went.I can still remember Tennesse Flat Top Box when it first came out.

Happens to me all the time. About 3 years ago at the end of one of the "Sopranos" episodes they ended with a song, but I was not able to write any lyrics down as I heard it from another room, nor was it listed on the HBO site. Drove me nuts for two years until I caught the episode again and jotted down the lyrics. Thanks to google and a lyric site I not only know what the song was, who the artist is, but have it on my play list and burned as well. The song.........

Artist » NILS LOFGREN » Song: Black Books

Lyrics

One last time from Freddy's joint

we drove out to lover's point

shared our last kiss eye to eye

Spoke of tender times long past

said they weren't meant to last

too many different dreams to satisfy

She wants

new shoulders to cry on

new backseats to lie on

and she always gets her way

She wants to see other guys

get lost in other eyes

baby's in the black books

yes she's in the black books today

I've yet to find a dreary bar

where whispers don't drift from afar

about her wild and wicked ways

The hardest truths don't have a why

often true love will just die

and leave a grief to haunt

the lonely nights and days

She wants

new shoulders to cry on

new backseats to lie on

and she always gets her way

She wants to hurt other guys

put tears in other eyes

baby's in the black books

She wants to hurt other guys

put tears in other eyes

Baby's in the black books

Nils Lofgren..thats a blast from the past.He did a song in the late 70's when the Washinton Bullets(now the Wizzards,talk about PC crap)called Bullets Fever.was a #1 hit in the area.He is a big basketball fan(I dont get it) and is a pretty good player in his own right..for a shrinp.Great singer though.

Yup... definatly a NiN original tune.... but Mr. Cash adds something to it... now if only he did "closer" that would be awesome! I can still remember one of the first "blue" films I watched as a teen.... burning ring of fire was playing... Ohhh the memories :)

Gerritt.

I Like Cash but I'm not real stuck on that song. I prefer fun songs rather than tear-jerkers. Being in the karaoke business, I often get songs stuck in my head, I make my living on songs dontcha know? Some of my regulars are that good that when I hear their songs by the original artists on the radio or tv, I say "Now that's just wrong". I love my "work".

Rolf Harris is the singer that gets stuck in my head. He sings about the Austrailian outback the one you might have heard is "tie me kangaroo down sport". He has others it is more the cadence than anything else that sticks. That and the Partrige Families " I think I love you" it will take a trip thru my head and really do some damage sometimes.

Art