Well, looks like shes gonna be blown

kemper

Coming home from school this weekend for one of my VERY few oppourtunities at some fall steelheading. Last year I got out almost every day but now that Im living in Guelph (a town which has never seen a trout, less the store bought kind) I can only get out maybe 2 times a month. This weekend it looks like every river in ontario is going to get blown out with 40mm or more of rain.

Great.

ah well, Ill be out there saturday at first light drowning the most gigantic roe bags ever no matter what.

On the bright side, all you lucky ducks that still have a shot at the east tribs whenever you like...Its going to be on FIRE this week.

Hopefully the `geen isnt blown when I get there tuesday...if it is I might just jump in and call it a day.

play safe out there, the water is getting cold

This weekend it looks like every river in ontario is going to get blown out with 40mm or more of rain.

Should be fun lookin for muskies on the St. Lawrence River next Monday & Tuesday :Gonefishing:

Maybe we better attach some bells to our baits........

Edited by lew

if the forecast is right...and it usually is when you want to go fishing and weather is going to ruin it (the only time its ever right) I figure Ill have from about first light until 9 am where the river might actually be PRIME.

All depends on how much dirt gets washed in.

If oshawa is blown im gonna head to wilmot and see how that is, it seems to be a little more resistant to blowouts, probably because its usually so low and clear

BAH, there's always prime conditions to be found somewhere in the east. Monsoon or not.

Just have to know where to look. ;)

Oh great steelhead guru, wont thou please enlighten me!

haha yes, I agree I suppose... Ive got a bit of a plan.

Oshawa, and then I will head east from there until I find something fishable.

If I am off, let a brother know

Got out this morning in the non-stop rain an headed east....rain didn't stop from the minute I left my house , to the minute I left the creek . Only saw one other guy all morning, at a location that would have welcomed a zoo of people if it wasn't raining. Despite the heavy rainfall, waters were prime until about 11 then the chocolate rolled in...Let's just say the outing was well worth getting drenched for !!!

Got out this morning in the non-stop rain an headed east....rain didn't stop from the minute I left my house , to the minute I left the creek . Only saw one other guy all morning, at a location that would have welcomed a zoo of people if it wasn't raining. Despite the heavy rainfall, waters were prime until about 11 then the chocolate rolled in...Let's just say the outing was well worth getting drenched for !!!

lol Agreed I think I am even wet under my skin lol. it was cool to see the river blow over a period of time and all those massive trees floating down with more rain in the forecast going to be awhile before we get any decent vis tomo is definitely a right off.

Edited by silvio

greattttt.

i was planning to head towards the eastern tribs tomorrow morning, would it still be worth going? :dunno:

Roe bags the size of tennis balls might work. When we left because it was so blown I saw a log the had to weight about 500 pounds float down which means it was raining hard up top blowing lots of stuff down. All that rain up top will blow out the bottom ends tomo might be the day u catch up on your sleep. Put it this way we left because it was blown with more rain tonight it wont get any better!!

Edited by silvio